Honored Contributor

What Is Your Favorite Tea Bread???

Banana bead, pumpkin bread, apple bread, blueberry bread......yum yum!

What's your fav quick bread or do you prefer muffins???

I like quick breads, but love warm fruit muffins with butter.

Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread - 2 Sisters Recipes by Anna and Liz

Respected Contributor

Re: What Is Your Favorite Tea Bread???

It would probably be Apple, but ive never had that flavor! Lol second would be Pumpkin.

Honored Contributor

Lemon!  But I'd rather have a bundt cake than a tea bread, truth be told.Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG  My favorite bread to eat with tea is Irish soda bread with butter and orange marmalade. It isn't technically a quick bread, but it only takes about 45 minutes from start to finish. Second would be zucchini bread because, well, we have zucchini on hand this time of year (and pretty much all year).

Honored Contributor

Lemon poppy seed muffins

Honored Contributor

pumpkin bread from Starbucks!

Esteemed Contributor

Irish Soda bread by far.  And I'd love that 45 minute recipe from @PA Mom-mom .  😍. I buy mine at the local grocery store bakery. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@OKPrincess wrote:

pumpkin bread from Starbucks!

Beware:  it is covered with pepita seeds. The majority of pepita seeds come from the polluted soils of China. Check the SOURCE of ingredients. 

Respected Contributor

Pumpkin chocolate chip bread

Esteemed Contributor

@MoJoV 

Irish Soda Bread

Ingredients:

·       3 cups all-purpose flour
·       3 cups whole wheat flour
·       3 ½ cups (more or less) full fat buttermilk
·       1 tsp (heaping) baking soda
·       1 tsp (heaping) salt

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Slowly add buttermilk to the well and gradually mix in the flour – pulling it in from the sides of the well. Work quickly. The dough should be slack, but not too soggy and not dry and crumbly. Add flour or more buttermilk to adjust. Scoop out the slack ball of dough onto a floured baking sheet, and with floured hands form the dough into a large ball. Now flatten the dough ball into a round loaf that is about 2 – 3 inches high all the way across and flat on the top. Cut a ½ to 1 inch cross completely over the bread with a knife. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes (perhaps just a bit longer). When the bread is evenly medium brown and crusty remove it from the oven and allow it to rest for about 10 – 15 minutes on a rack. Then wrap bread completely in a large, clean tea towel and place on a rack to cool for 6 hours or overnight. 

OK. So you can't eat it right away, but it only takes 45 minutes to make. Smiley Happy