Honored Contributor

Re: What Is The Best 100% Whole Wheat Bread

@sidsmom wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

I like Dave's Killer Bread.  They have a good variety of choices.  Costco sells a couple of kinds. 

I was going to suggest the same thing!

They have lots of varieties.....just a snapshot below of what they have. 

I read somewhere the brand was bought out my someone. Smiley Sad 

Hopefully the integrity (and taste!) of the original brand remains.

I agree with @chickenbutt.  Whole wheat really isn't any different from white.  OP....think chunky, seedy, visible whole grains, with lots & lots of fiber.  Good stuff. 

image.jpeg

Thank you ladies for mentioning this bread as it appears the Costco's in my area now carry it . . . just added to my shopping list!

Respected Contributor

I like Arnold 100pct whole wheat, which won a taste test on Rachael Ray. I have to say, of the commercial breads, I prefer it. I make my own (using King Arthur White Wheat--a whole wheat flour from white-colored wheat berries that don't have as bitter a taste.) If you love bread, it's worth learning to make a recipe with this wonderful flour. 

Valued Contributor

The best I've found is Kroger's 100 percent whole wheat with no sugar added. My favorite after trying many.

Honored Contributor

@Campion wrote:

I like Arnold 100pct whole wheat, which won a taste test on Rachael Ray. I have to say, of the commercial breads, I prefer it. I make my own (using King Arthur White Wheat--a whole wheat flour from white-colored wheat berries that don't have as bitter a taste.) If you love bread, it's worth learning to make a recipe with this wonderful flour. 

I agree, nothing tastes as good as homemade! I can't wait until my house is done so I can pull out the old bread machine and start making our own again. Sooo much healthier and much better tasting. And King Arthur organic flours are THE best.