Honored Contributor

Re: What I'll Do to Track Down Food...

@HonnyBrown wrote:

terrier, that sounds devine!  With a name like Butter Block, how can it be bad!

My fish guy is like that.  He goes fishing in Maine and Canada Sunday - Wednesday, and Friday and Saturday he sells his goods out of his truck in a metro parking lot.

How are you?  How is Psycho Matt?  I'm still working on my push ups.  I can't do a full one yet, but my upper body is sculpted!

Push ups are a killer, aren't they? Matt and I are still a team...he has one more year to get his doctorate in PT. I joked with him that I'll be one of his first geriatric patients!

Trusted Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

We have a baker in town who is just starting her business. She specializes in French butter pastries - croissants, brioche, home made Pop Tarts, lots of great stuff.

BUT - she doesn't have a store. Her Pop Tarts are sold on Fridays and Saturdays at a local coffee shop...she is sometimes at farmers markets...it varies. She generally sells out of her products within the first hour they arrive.

I bought a vanilla poached pear almond tarte with ginger creme anglaise. Oick ups had to be made on Wednesday between 4P-7P at an empty store they were using for a pop-up location.

I felt like I was chasing down drugs...she called people who pre-ordered with the time & location for the pick up...it was like a great big scavenger hunt.

Everyone loved it...I wanted to BATHE in the creme anglaise...

I quoted just so I could look at that dessert again. That looks so good!

Honored Contributor

@Jeannie29 wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

We have a baker in town who is just starting her business. She specializes in French butter pastries - croissants, brioche, home made Pop Tarts, lots of great stuff.

BUT - she doesn't have a store. Her Pop Tarts are sold on Fridays and Saturdays at a local coffee shop...she is sometimes at farmers markets...it varies. She generally sells out of her products within the first hour they arrive.

I bought a vanilla poached pear almond tarte with ginger creme anglaise. Oick ups had to be made on Wednesday between 4P-7P at an empty store they were using for a pop-up location.

I felt like I was chasing down drugs...she called people who pre-ordered with the time & location for the pick up...it was like a great big scavenger hunt.

Everyone loved it...I wanted to BATHE in the creme anglaise...

I quoted just so I could look at that dessert again. That looks so good!

I just finished it off...with plenty of ginger creme anglaise!!!