Fruitcake.

Trusted Contributor

Re: What Cake Do You Dislike The Most?

[ Edited ]

Coconut cake or anything with coconut in cake/icing

Fruitcake

Honored Contributor

Pneapple upside down cake and ANYTHING with raisins in it!! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Definitely Fruitcake Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

I like cake, mostly every kind, and have even bought little cakes at my grocer and their bakery isn't all that good. My least favorite, and I would probably pass it by if that was the only option, is red velvet cake. I just don't care for it and eating that red dye kind of grosses me out. 

Honored Contributor

Chocolate! Yuck!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

No thank you,Christmas fruitcake Christmas fruitcake with sugar icing and candied fruits fruitcake stock pictures, royalty-free photos & images

I would eat that in a hot second.  After you give it a soak in some brandy.  As it is, it looks a little dry.

Plus, explain to me why some people put carrots in cake? Makes no sense.  Why not  asparagus or green beans?  Turnips or celery?  Woman Tongue

Super Contributor

Total outlier here...Tiramisu. Woman Frustrated 

Honored Contributor

Cakes with any kind of fruit or vegetable involved.  

Esteemed Contributor

@sabatini wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I don't like any cake with gobs of icing on it.  I will rake most of it off.  But then I don't like fudge for the same reason. To me it's just gobs of sugar.

I agree w/ you about fudge, @Sooner. It just tastes like firm frosting to me!

And even though red velvet cakes look very pretty, I don't care for them either.

I especially don't buy it when people say it tastes like chocolate. No, it doesn't.

I swear, if you (me) were blind folded & fed a piece of red velvet cake, you'd be hard pressed to identify a real flavor.

ETA: Now, if we were talking about what cake was I most disappointed by, that prize would go to hummingbird cake!

I suppose my expectations were too high because of its name.

@sabatini   I love fudge (and frosting) and your term "firm frosting".  LOL.  Firm frosting sounds yummy to me!

I agree about red velvet cake.  I detest it and I, too, would not be able to identify any particular flavor if my eyes were closed.  

I also agree that the name "Hummingbird cake" sounds lovely.  I've seen recipes for it and always say I'm going to make one, but never have.  I guess I'll save myself the expense and trouble now!