Frequent Contributor

Run, don't walk to Costco's Fresh Meat Department

Holy cow, the (butcher) meat department has an unbelievable vast selection of high quality meats right now. They always have great quality meats, but right now their selection is HUGE because of the holidays. And very great prices. I just bought 2 very beautiful and fresh and succulent slabs of chuck roast that was so tender even my husband commented on the quality, 6.5-lb's for $39.60. I'm going back for their lamb chops and a Prime Rib Roast that looked to DIE for, all at a great price. ALSO! They have beautiful lobsters (but I'm allergic, but maybe you're not).

Honored Contributor

Re: Run, don't walk to Costco's Fresh Meat Department

Costco's fresh meat never disappoints.

Honored Contributor

I just wish they'd carry bone in prime rib for once. My store always has boneless which I won't buy. But they do have prime grade brisket and beef tenderloin right now. Plus there is always the wagyu beef currently 1200 dollars.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I'm running.

Honored Contributor

I was there the other day. I don't eat meat and it looked good to me!

Honored Contributor

I buy meat there, and Christmas Prime Rib is a winner. I don't think my Costco has lobster at this time of year, but when they do have it, it is around $10 per pound, which is amazing, and it tastes wonderful.

Frequent Contributor

On 12/6/2014 jaxs mom said:

I just wish they'd carry bone in prime rib for once. My store always has boneless which I won't buy. But they do have prime grade brisket and beef tenderloin right now.

Hi Jaxs mom:

My Costco actually had 3 types of Prime Rib Roasts: Boneless Prime, Boneless Choice and Bone-In Choice.

Super Contributor

I wish Costco was closer to me - its a 100 mile drive one way - when we do go we visit my daughter and grandson - too bad we were just there last Thursday...

Trusted Contributor

I learned about prime grade beef from shopping there. Love it.
Respected Contributor

Costco is my favorite place to buy meat and produce. We've never had a bad steak from there. The prime rib was so expensive this year I opted to splurge on lobsters for Christmas.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*