Super Contributor

Reasons I Like My Blendtec Over My 5200

I thought when I purchased the Blendtec that I would be using it for the recipes they demonstrated at Sam's where I would not have to use a tamper and indeed I make these things flawlessly once I learned the CORRECT order to ad the ingredients. That being said, however, I have recently been grinding my own wheat in the Vitamix with the dry grinding container and almost invariably there are a few kernels that did not grind.

Using the Blendtec with either the regular or wildside container, the wheat has been perfectly ground and additionally. Then using the Wildside container I kneaded perfectly the 3 cups of flour recipe with exactly 15 pulses after which I let it set in the container for 17 minutes and then dumped it onto an oiled cookie tray and shaped it and placed in the breadpan and baked at 350 for 21 minutes in my Breville and got perfectly baked all natural wheat bread that is so good with butter.

Of course instead of buying new shoes, I purchased the Blendtec Twister Jar and OMG, unbelievable...fresh peanut butter made in literally 15 seconds after adding the ingredients. Not only that, but the special spatula gets almost all out of the container and their twist on lid makes cleaning the container a matter of a few more seconds.

Making other thick things and even ice creams is an absolute joy in this new jar and since I like speed, it is lightning fast and efficient.

As I said before, the Blendtec with both the regular and Wildside jar also heats water (as an example) hotter faster than even the VM 7500/750.

These are reasons why I like my Blendtec over the VM.

To be accurate, the VM will process green smoothies a bit better than the VM for a set time, but simply adding a few more seconds, the results have been almost identical.