Trusted Contributor

I hope that everyone by now has changed from having a pin to choosing a strong password for their on-line Q account.

Occasional Contributor

I had already done this when I got the email telling me too.

Honored Contributor

Do you think that order operators are able to see our complete credit card numbers?

Super Contributor
On 7/7/2014 NC Bandwagon said:

Yikes! Good thing the QVC staff caught that.

Yes. That was good on their part. I would also ask to close that account and get a new one.

Esteemed Contributor

I usually look at my order status on websites - reviewing the status of an order, waitlist, return- auto delivery, etc. Maybe everyone should so they can catch something listed they didn't order.

Respected Contributor
On 7/7/2014 Classique said:
On 7/7/2014 beckysuea said:
On 7/7/2014 oceantown said:

How could this be a mistake?

I was hoping that maybe he put in the account number by mistake. But then it probably isn't as he had changed the permanent mail to address to his address.

You should file a police report!

Exactly! Get them!
Honored Contributor

This is just so strange? Why wouldn't they close the account? Or did I miss that?

Frequent Contributor

Last year I got hacked 3 times on my card (noy the Q card).

Each time it happened, they apologized and sent out a new cards.

It started with Walmart, someone had charged 5000.00 dollars worth of items to an address in AZ. I told her I didn't and she even gave me the address and how it was being sent. Well she called FED-X right while she was on the phone with me and told them do not deliver the items.

She gave me the address and I googled it, come to find out it was a vacant house. Lucky for me the realtor was listed/ So I called his office and spoke with him. He was furious, not at me, but for what was going on. He knew some police out there and he contacted them, they then phoned Fed-X and asked when that merchandise was to be arriving. Well, the cops were waiting around the corner from this vacant house and Fed-X pretended to bring boxes to the door, within minutes, the people pulled up in a van and thats when the cops nailed them.

They phone me and told me they had them in custody and for me to have my credit card company contact their department.

The 2nd and 3rd time, it was from a store in Ca. called Pathmart? I can't remember for sure, but someone out there had a great time buying clothes but it appears had a hard time deciding if they were going to keep the items as they were returned and purchased again, 8 different times !

I was furious, so I called that store and asked just what they asked for when someone was charging... They had no answer for me.... I mean this person was going in this store without even having a credit cared in hand, yet the store ran the charge through.

This time I called the cops myself and let them know what was going on..

Again, arrests were made.

After that, I cut up all my credit cards except one.

I have since learned that if you purchase on line, always check out as a GUEST and make sure you uncheck the box where it says "keep on file for easier checkouts"...

Knock on wood, I have had no problem since I do that...

Oh btw,, that Pathmart/ or whatever it was called,, that bill was 6 grand and my credit card company insisted I was responsible.. Umm.... they changed their mind when my attorney contacted them...

Seems funny, I didn't have a problem with any of my other cards, just the gold one!

Makes me wonder, might someone in that company have been having wandering eyes?

Sorry it happened to you but in this world today, you can't trust anyone...

Trusted Contributor

Just today I received an email from Visa asking me to confirm three out of state purchases. I immediately called them and told them I haven't used my card in well over a week. They have cancelled my old card and are sending out a new one. I'm so grateful this was caught before it became a huge problem. I asked how something like this can happen and was told there are lots of software programs that can pull up anyone's account information randomly. Scary ~ again, just grateful it was caught in time...