Trusted Contributor
And the perp's name & address are available. Strange crime. Doesn't seem right that a dirty rotten thief would steal a q card account.
Valued Contributor

I agree that someone hacked your QVC account which probably had your Q Card number stored. I just went in and changed my password..

Occasional Contributor

That is what I thought too. I even google mapped the address and it looks like a new townhome.

They were getting some sort of juice extractor.

Trusted Contributor
On 7/7/2014 beckysuea said:

Yes I changed my password. No I only use the card at home which is plugged directly into the router.

I think I only have the Q-card on the account. It has been so long since it was set up.

What bothered me was him setting himself as the primary and his shipping address as the permanent mail to address.

It is really necessary to know how to choose a strong password. There are excellent tips on-line. Some of the tips I have read: It should be many digits long, have numbers & letters, both upper & lowercase letters, no words from the dictionary, special characters if possible.

You should definitely check your account, and you can check to see which credit cards are saved. If you don't use your account often, you may want to delete your credit card from your account. If you make a purchase, just add your credit card back.

Honored Contributor

So, he's savvy enough to hack into a Q card, of all things. But leaves his real address. Did you call the police?

Occasional Contributor

Nope. I am hoping it was a mistake.

I checked the credit cards and the QVC is the only card on there.

and I was checking around to see if anything else was charged and I saw some 3-skillets that I wanted so I ordered them.

Trusted Contributor

How could this be a mistake?

Super Contributor

Well considering how they are now so closely affiliating themselves with FACEBOOK, this does not surprise me one bit.

Facebook has had similar issues and just last week, another scandal was exposed. It involved a study they did using members information without their knowledge or permission!

Why are all these hosts, and QVC wanting to push FACEBOOK so much?

I wonder what would happen if NOBODY ordered anything for say even one day or two days? Maybe QVC management would take complaints seriously and stop the nonsense.

Have you noticed the "sound effects" these hosts make now...annoying to the max and it is about something sold out like "oh, oh".

Super Contributor
On 7/7/2014 beckysuea said:

That is what I thought too. I even google mapped the address and it looks like a new townhome.

They were getting some sort of juice extractor.

Sounds like an inside job to me!

The address doesn't mean anything when you think about it especially if it was an employee. They could just use the address of a friend or relative to have the item sent to and then have that person remail it to them or hand it over at their earliest convenience.

Super Contributor

DO NOT GO TO THEIR FACEBOOK PAGES! Or if you do, DO NOT COMMENT or "LIKE" as imo that gives them access to all of the information you have on your page, if you have one.

I've noticed they seem to be having lots of problems with their website accout link. I've had to call customer service several times as I can't check in with my password. In order to correct it, the rep asked me for my PIN and then my password which I thought was rather odd.

I monitor all my accounts very closely and bought one of those HALO wallets and a couple of the travel purses with the RFID protection. I began using one of the purses to "practice" with and find it is pretty handy. One of them included another wallet so I'm just going to be safe and use those wallets from now on regardless of what kind of bag I'm carrying.