Trusted Contributor

Re: Pastel Rainbow Layer Cake (David’s Cookies) - Check Out These Ingredients!!!

@shoekitty wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

Oh good grief, it's a cake...one slice & your done, it's not something you eat everyday. These overblown reactions to ingredients is going to make people stop listening, just like they have with weather warnings.

Shoekitty said

who said "one slice & your done?" Not in my house. 😽😚

@shoekitty @kitcat51 Ok, now you are making me laugh😄 All right, Let Them Eat Cake!!! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Pastel Rainbow Layer Cake (David’s Cookies) - Check Out These Ingredients!!!

[ Edited ]

@Ketra wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

Oh good grief, it's a cake...one slice & your done, it's not something you eat everyday. These overblown reactions to ingredients is going to make people stop listening, just like they have with weather warnings.

Shoekitty said

@shoekitty @kitcat51 Ok, now you are making me laugh😄 All right, Let Them Eat Cake!!! 

Shoekitty said

the cake looks pretty, but sounds awful.  By the description the taste is close to a grocery store birthday cake.  Just vanilla flavor with regular buttercream icing. With all that de as well.   Yuck. I hate that kind of icing.  However, if that is all being served I manage to squeak down a piece.  Lol. Feel horrible after

Respected Contributor

Not everyone is a baker and now just 2 of us but if I were going to a party or having a huge crowd these cakes looked fun. I guess a baker could do their own spin on the layers and make it less chemicals. Please don't hate me but think for Easter I will buy the frozen Pepridge Farm Coconut cake (love it) so moist and can keep it frozen for just the right amount I need. Sara Lee pound cake, so much you can do to make it fun. Guess you all know I'm not a baker but can dress up some frozen deserts. Also if a Costco member they have great cakes & pies. 

Trusted Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

@Ketra wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

Shoekitty said

Shoekitty said

the cake looks pretty, but sounds awful.  By the description the taste is close to a grocery store birthday cake.  Just vanilla flavor with regular buttercream icing. With all that de as well.   Yuck. I hate that kind of icing.  However, if that is all being served I manage to squeak down a piece.  Lol. Feel horrible after

@shoekitty  Well you know someone’s got to do it. Lol

Respected Contributor

ok for all the cheater bakers, get a box of white cake mix & strawberry cake mix maybe between layers a blueberry jam or blackberry jam then frost white icing with strawberries & blueberries on top like a flag. 

Honored Contributor

It's amazing how they can combine all those chemicals and come up with something so yummy.  If I tried that, I'd probably get a mushromm-shaped cloud.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It's amazing how they can combine all those chemicals and come up with something so yummy.  If I tried that, I'd probably get a mushroom-shaped cloud.

@Kachina624   ooonooo.gif

Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise  I must admit, I have had that cake, and it was very good, but heck I like a Little Debbie Cake once in awhile also.

Respected Contributor

It can’t be any worse than a cigarette. It’s all relative.
Honored Contributor

@sissel wrote:

Not everyone is a baker and now just 2 of us but if I were going to a party or having a huge crowd these cakes looked fun. I guess a baker could do their own spin on the layers and make it less chemicals. Please don't hate me but think for Easter I will buy the frozen Pepridge Farm Coconut cake (love it) so moist and can keep it frozen for just the right amount I need. Sara Lee pound cake, so much you can do to make it fun. Guess you all know I'm not a baker but can dress up some frozen deserts. Also if a Costco member they have great cakes & pies. 

@sissel   I buy cakes and pies occasionally, and nothing is put into them that one wouldn't use to make a cake in their home.