Esteemed Contributor
On 12/30/2014 SUHSE39 said: I have a mini. Mine was not on the recall list. Even if it had been, I was not having problems, it works great. I would not have seen a reason to return it. I agree, the problems reported, were miniscule, compared to the units sold.

My keurig mini is on the recall list- and I admittedly got into the initial 'omg!' hype. I brought it back to Kohls to exchange. Their inventory probably fell into the serial number range because there weren't any mini's on the shelves. Mine is really okay- but I still might exchange it when Kohls restocks. Just as a precaution.

Occasional Contributor

Hi....we had the same problem with our Keurig ....I called customer care and they advised me to take a tooth brush and brush it over the needles under opening that lifts where you insert the K cups....apparently small particles of coffee grinds get stuck in these needles and this prevents the water from flowing....had two keurigs that did not work and after brushing these needles the problem was solved....these needles perforate the k cups lift the opening where you insert the k cups and feel very carefully for these two needles, they are sharp but if you gently feel for them you can locate....try this next time your machine stops flowing ....good luck laibish

Honored Contributor
On 12/30/2014 Johnnyeager said:

I'm not surprised at the failures. The more bells and whistles they put on a simple machine like a coffeemaker, the more it is prone to breakdowns. I had been thinking of purchasing the basic model K-10 but may now stick to my Mr. Coffee from K-Mart which cost about $20 and is still brewing along.

I've had a Braun coffee maker for thirty years. Like you said, it doesn't have the bells and whistles, but it's reliable. I was even able to get a replacement part a few years ago from Braun. And, by the way, they still make this model.

Esteemed Contributor

Valu and Johnny, my parents gave me a K-40 for my 40th birthday. It's far from fancy, and when it brews it sounds like rocks are falling from it, but it works great after 6 years!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Valued Contributor

I never have really liked my Keurig for coffee. Just couldn't find a coffee I thought tasted good. I still use it for tea and hot chocolate.

I went back to using a Corningware electric percolator. I had one years ago. Let my mom borrow it and never saw it again. Found one at an estate sale a few months ago. It was in perfect shape. Paid $12 for it. Nothing beats hearing coffee perking in the morning. And it tastes so much better.