Honored Contributor

What Are Your New Year's Eve Snacks or Appetizers?

We're having a few friends and neighbors over, and thank goodness for Trader Joe's, is what I say!

I got some of their appetizers: Coconut shrimp, mini tacos, cranberry brie filo bites and a few cheeses & crackers.

Also a fancy charcuterie plate (aged and thin sliced meats) from Costco.

I'm making the standard onion dip and my daughter made a ranch dip with bacon and cheddar.

Getting the music playlist ready now...

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Valued Contributor

Re: What Are Your New Year's Eve Snacks or Appetizers?

Hawaiian cheese ball, ham ball, crackers, corn chips and hot corn dip. Just the fam and some football.

Respected Contributor

Well, I worked this morning and plan a nap while my veggie stew cooks in the slow cooker. I did a roast two weeks ago with a can of beef consume with mushrooms and a can of french onion soup with the roast, taters, carrots and celery. Today I just did the taters, carrots, celery, and baby bella mushrooms with golden mushroom soup and french onion soup. I'll have it for supper. I love crock pots!

We haven't ever done anything special for New Years. We haven't ever celebrated that holiday.

Honored Contributor

I invited neighbors over for a drink. Got out the champagne flutes. Making a large cheese platter with crackers and grapes. That's it. Just kind of an open house not really a party.

Trusted Contributor

I agree, thank goodness for Trader Joe's! Just going to be me watching college football and basketball today. Had half a TJ Mega Crunchy Salad (refrigerator section) for lunch. Will have a Margharita pizza for supper. Snacks include Cinnamon Apple Snack Sticks, Macarons (freezer section), cheese and Breton crackers (from regular grocery store). Almond champagne tonight. Peach champagne for breakfast with a Queen Croissant (freezer section) and Peet's Sulawesi Kalosi coffee (my favorite, not from Trader Joe's). Happy New Year!
Honored Contributor

I am going to pick up sushi for DH and me, as DD is going out. Big day of cooking tomorrow, so I will just make thumbprint cookies filled with raspberry jam for tonight.

Respected Contributor

Noel, your food sounds good! I get similar things. I like to have spring rolls too. I get a lot of my stuff at our local co-op, which has an awesome deli. Can't forget the bubbly! I know this may sound gauche, but I like Asti Spumanti! Smiley Happy
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

On 12/31/2014 OkeyDokey said:

Hawaiian cheese ball, ham ball, crackers, corn chips and hot corn dip. Just the fam and some football.

A Hawaiian cheese ball sounds delicious! Does pineapple play a part? {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

On 12/31/2014 tigriss said:

Well, I worked this morning and plan a nap while my veggie stew cooks in the slow cooker. I did a roast two weeks ago with a can of beef consume with mushrooms and a can of french onion soup with the roast, taters, carrots and celery. Today I just did the taters, carrots, celery, and baby bella mushrooms with golden mushroom soup and french onion soup. I'll have it for supper. I love crock pots!

We haven't ever done anything special for New Years. We haven't ever celebrated that holiday.

Your food sounds good, though Smile

We don't do much for New Year's Day... eat leftovers and rest, that it Smile

Honored Contributor

On 12/31/2014 DiAnne said:

I invited neighbors over for a drink. Got out the champagne flutes. Making a large cheese platter with crackers and grapes. That's it. Just kind of an open house not really a party.

Yes, ours is really an open house, too, but I see that as a party Smile

Love champagne!