Super Contributor

I'm finally getting around to using my Keurig, but can't find the instructions on clean it for the first time. Can anyone help?  Thanks

Respected Contributor

Since there is no lime build up (yet) I would just run clear water though it.  I'd wash the tank.  That's what I'd do.  I don't remember exactly what the instructions say, but this would be good enough for me.

After using it for a while, you will have to google the instructions for cleaning the mineral deposits out of it, but not now.

Respected Contributor

You can Google or go to the Keurig website.  I just ran clear water through mine the first time.  After that, for regular cleaning I just use distilled water and vinegar.  Works fine.

Honored Contributor

Go to the site and download the instructions so you don't miss anything. They also have descaling instructions, but you don't need to do that yet if you just used it for the first time.The water reservoir is dishwasher safe.

Respected Contributor
For first time use, I cleaned that tank with dish soap and warm water. Then ran a few cycles with just water.
Frequent Contributor

The way I clean my keurig is to dump out all the water. Then I fill it up to the top with vinegar only. Then I run it through the cycle set on the travel mug setting. Run it until the light flashes. Then let it sit for four hours. Dump out the small amount of vinegar and wash container. Then fill with water, and run through until it flashes again. Then do it one more time. Works really well for me. running it through two full times will make sure the vinegar taste is gone.