Super Contributor

Re: I have half a can of lemon pie filling left over. Any easy ideas?

At my house just half a can of any kind of pie filling would have been long gone. My DS & DH use to beg the pie filling when I was making pies or cobbler. Their favorite was apple but they didn't turn down any......
Super Contributor

Mix it with plain yogurt or cottage cheese.

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/30/2014 gardensla said:

Filling for crepes.

Love this idea!

Regular Contributor

get white cake mix and make cupcakes. After they are cool, cut the top off, scoop out a bit of the cake with your fingers and replace with a spoonful of the lemon pie filling, put the top back on and sprinkle with powdered sugar. They are always a hit.

Super Contributor

I imagine that the lemon filling has been put to good use by now. Another idea is to make baked meringue shells, spoon the lemon filling into the middle, then top with some whipped cream. My mom used to make them and they were a nice treat, I loved the crunch of the meringue then they dissolved like a cloud. They would be good with any flavor pie filling, or you could fill them with a scoop of ice cream and use the filling as a topping, like a little sundae.

Honored Contributor

On 12/1/2014 Jules5280 said:

I imagine that the lemon filling has been put to good use by now. Another idea is to make baked meringue shells, spoon the lemon filling into the middle, then top with some whipped cream. My mom used to make them and they were a nice treat, I loved the crunch of the meringue then they dissolved like a cloud. They would be good with any flavor pie filling, or you could fill them with a scoop of ice cream and use the filling as a topping, like a little sundae.

Not yet! I make these treats primarily for my DH and my mom. Neither of them is overweight or has any dietary restrictions. I can't eat all that stuff, but I enjoy making it. Dh is still working on the lemon layer cake from Thanksgiving. I expect the lemon filling will keep in the fridge until this weekend.

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

It's probably gone by now (yeah, I would have eaten it with a spoon), but you can heat it up and pour it over a plain Bundt cake as a glaze.

Trusted Contributor

A spoon.

Or if you can wait that long, make some quick gingerbread and put it on that. With a dollop of Kool-whip....... Smile

Respected Contributor

Lemon curd makes a nice spread on quick breads or even plain old toast.