Super Contributor

Hello All, my first post. Need feedback re: Kuhn Rikon 6 Qt. Straining Stockpot

I have considered purchasing this item (#k42941) for sometime.  It seems like a good fit for me since I love to cook large amounts of soups, stews, homemade stock, etc. The pluses for me are the locking lid that strains, the six quart capacity, ergonomic handles, it's made of stainless steel and, most impressive is the large straining basket.  Also, the price is quite reasonable in my opinion.

What I need your insights and/or advice about is that both the handles on the sides as well as the handle on the locking lid appear to be sautered (welded) on as opposed to being riveted.  I always believe that cookware, knives, etc. are of a much better quality and will last longer when they are riveted.  I am especially concerned about the handles of a six quart pot full of hot stock, meat, and vegetables suddenly snapping off or not being able to open or lock the top because it too has snapped off.

I would appreciate any advice or real life experiences you may have had with this product.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Hello All, my first post. Need feedback re: Kuhn Rikon 6 Qt. Straining Stockpot

If you have not already done so, go to the item# website & look at the video, read all the reviews and the questions.  Your answer(s) may be found there.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Regular Contributor

Re: Hello All, my first post. Need feedback re: Kuhn Rikon 6 Qt. Straining Stockpot

I love mine and just used it to boil eggs, I love the handles and strainer. It's the perfect size, i also have the tall skinny one too, I forgot the name of it.

Super Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

If you have not already done so, go to the item# website & look at the video, read all the reviews and the questions.  Your answer(s) may be found there.

Thanks Mz iMac. I have seen the QVC video if that's what you're referring to and read the reviews which are very positive, but I didn't see any reference to my concerns. Are you suggesting that I go to the Kuhn Dijon website?

Super Contributor

@karol59 wrote:

I love mine and just used it to boil eggs, I love the handles and strainer. It's the perfect size, i also have the tall skinny one too, I forgot the name of it.

Thank you karolm.  I know which one you're talking about and I definitely plan on purchasing that item.  The funny thing is that when Mark Charles is doing a presentation on that fourth burner pot he mentions the riveted handle as a selling point which is why I'm wondering why the handles of a much larger cooking vessel aren't also riveted.  I live on a pretty tight budget and don't want to have anything I purchase break after the thirty day return period.

Honored Contributor

In the close-up view of the handle, it does not appear to have a rivet.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@ChazzyLady

Did you also read the "Questions" section on QVC website?

Going to the manufacturer website is also another good idea.  You can call their customer service # to get answers to your questions.  I have done this plenty of times prior to QVC purchase if I cannot find the answers on QVC website.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

In the close-up view of the handle, it does not appear to have a rivet.

Thanks Kachina624 I noticed that too so hence my concerns.  There seems to be a lot of debate about rivets vs. welding on the internet.

Super Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@ChazzyLady

Did you also read the "Questions" section on QVC website?

Going to the manufacturer website is also another good idea.  You can call their customer service # to get answers to your questions.  I have done this plenty of times prior to QVC purchase if I cannot find the answers on QVC website.

Thanks again Mz iMac, those are great suggestions.  I'll be sure to check out the questions section and I think I will contact Kuhn Ricon.