Respected Contributor

@EatWell

Why are you picking on me? I guess I  should have said ground chuck(?) Excuse  me but most people I know say ground beef and so do most recipes. I'm  not an idiot and don't appreciate  the implication or attitude! Please don't  bother replying to my posts anymore.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

@EatWell oops. meant to have typed our tacos!

Respected Contributor

Re: Ground Chuck!

[ Edited ]

@EatWell wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

My husband used ground chuck for hour tacos last night, instead of ground beef, how come I didn't like it? Maybe becuase I am so used to ground beef....It just had a different texture, and taste to me.....I think ground beef is better suited for tacos and ground chuck maybe for burgers?

@CANDLEQUEEN

What are hour tacos?

@EatWell

Another unnecessary  shot.

-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

I don't like the flavor of ground chuck.

I don't even like roast chuck.

To my taste, it's bland.

It's not just about the fat content because there are several very lean cuts of beef with a good flavor.

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

My husband used ground chuck for hour tacos last night, instead of ground beef, how come I didn't like it? Maybe becuase I am so used to ground beef....It just had a different texture, and taste to me.....I think ground beef is better suited for tacos and ground chuck maybe for burgers?

Valued Contributor

I can't tell the difference between the grade of ground beef, except for the fat content.  However, there is a huge difference in the flavor of grass fed beef and other beef, regardless of the cut or being ground.  My husband always made his own ground beef, using the KitchenAid attachment for that purpose.

Valued Contributor

@Starpolisher  Don't worry, when you post on these forums you are open to attack as I was on the Rachael Ray Forum, when I posted an apology as I was talking about things I had read.  I got to thiking and decided to apologize as I was only going by what the press states.  After that, I got slammed.   .  

Respected Contributor

@Fiero Woman

Thank you! I know. I've been on these boards since the beginning and  frankly I'm  tired of the nonsense. It was nice of you to apologize. I have no intentions of doing so. I try to play nice, use just the right words and still, trouble! Well, l for one, will be talking back..at least today! I get tired of biting my tongue.😬 It's just ridiculous!

-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

To me all ground beef tastes the same.  I tend to buy gound sirloin at a 93/7 ratio which many declare to be tastless.  I season it depending on what I'm making, and for the most part I'm happy with the results.  The fat content doesn't really affect me.

Trusted Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

Thank you! I know. I've been on these boards since the beginning and  frankly I'm  tired of the nonsense. It was nice of you to apologize. I have no intentions of doing so. I try to play nice, use just the right words and still, trouble! Well, l for one, will be talking back..at least today! I get tired of biting my tongue.😬 It's just ridiculous!

@Starpolisher
Why so bitter and full of hate?

So what cut of beef is ground beef?

Don’t bother replying.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Ground Chuck!

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@EatWell oops. meant to have typed our tacos!

@CANDLEQUEEN

Thanks.  

I was thinking you might be using packaged taco mix, and pre-made  hard taco shells.  Not made from scratch.

I have seen pre-made taco kits offered in a few supermarkets.  Included all the fixings.

Just add cooked protein.

On your dinner table maybe in one hour or less.

All done!