Valued Contributor

I make coffee in my french press on weekends when I have time to sip and savor over breakfast. I grind my own from whole beans (course grind) and I use a stainless steel double wall french press that I found on Amazon. The french press has a double sieve at the bottom that blocks any grounds from getting into my cup. 

Valued Contributor

I’m sitting here drinking coffee from the Le Ceuset French press.  Delihful.

Respected Contributor

Thank you so much for the responses. These forums are the best !

I am going to shop and appreciate the tips. Like I said I have and electric kettle on the way. I think it will be a boon even if I wasn't going to FP , as I tend to walk away and forget water boiling (especially in a.m. before coffee).

TY for suggessting You Tube . Lot of help there.  Of course after watching now I think I should look for a hand grinder for beans to make the full 'savoring your coffee experience' . Smiley Happy 

There are a lot of joys in life , but for me and you I feel  a good cup of coffee is in the top 10 .

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay

LOL - I know how you feel. I don't own a grinder but used freshly ground coffee from the shops (not preground from supermarkets) in a solofil for the Keurig.

I love cold brew and since summer was coming, I was looking to see which is best. OXO seems to win hands down. Then I'm reading that freshly ground beans lose its taste after a day. WHAT? I may have that package of coffee for a month. Then I started researching grinders. It never ends. I might just have to grow my beans, roast, and grind. lol

So now I'm considering the Baratza Encore grinder instead of buying whole beans and grinding them in the store. sigh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxh-g0lgYRw&t=222s

you might enjoy this video of Gail comparing grinders

Respected Contributor

@Yahooey, I feel your pain sister at getting obsessed via the internet (I will not get into my Pinterest account and the unfulfilled plans I have after vowing --I can make that Smiley Happy )

After skimming through your YouTube link I will probably forgo a hand grinder as I am afraid my wrists may pay for it! Of course she ground it fine for espresso . If I use whole beans I will probably just buy them where I can grind at the store then store in a L&L. We go through coffee pretty fast.

TY for link.

Respected Contributor

I use my French Press when entertaining overnight guests. Just so special.

Trusted Contributor

My son gave me a Bodum from Starbucks a few years ago and it really makes wonderful coffee. I’ll use it when I’m not in a hurry. I returned the favor when my son moved into his first apartment in college,but I made the mistake of buying him a stainless one. When you push the plunger it burns your fingers. Lesson learned.