Honored Contributor

BACK IN THE DAY I had a small collection of various szes of Pyrex Percolators, and cherished and protected and cared for them like babies.

I blithely disregaded the use-and-care instrucions, and one fine night while I was entertaining a bunch of unwanted guests, the fool thing exploded into a bunch of knfe sharp shads f glass, and I gave away all of the rest of them in fear that the incident would be repeated.

My quest for a seriously delicious cup of coffee lurched forward until the arrval of the Keurig, and I once again reached Cafe Nivana.

SSSOOOO- I don't KNOW where I will go if the demise of the Keurig is on the horizon. Back to simpler, more classc? On to revolutionary, exploratory?

I need hot, strong, dark, a blob of cream, a couple packets of Stevia............but where will it be coming from?

Respected Contributor

We start each day with a pot of Trader Joe's Bay Blend (ground fresh in my little coffee grinder) and cooked up in our Cuisinart Brew Central coffee maker. Perfect!

Trusted Contributor

I gave away my Keurig Rivo when I used up all of my pods for it last November and starting using the Ninja Coffee Bar.  I absolutely love this machine and using my own ground coffee beans (cheaper than pods!)  It's versatility for strength and size of the brew is wonderful for making both hot and iced coffee. 

Trusted Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

I gave away my Keurig Rivo when I used up all of my pods for it last November and starting using the Ninja Coffee Bar.  I absolutely love this machine and using my own ground coffee beans (cheaper than pods!)  It's versatility for strength and size of the brew is wonderful for making both hot and iced coffee. 

Soonersis

Does the Ninja coffee bar grind up the beans? 

Jessa
Contributor

You should check out the Nespresso.  Also a single serve but it makes espesso or lungo coffee and it is FANTASTIC.  Pricier than K Cups but so much better.  I had a Keurig for years and I really did love it but when it died I decided to go the Nespresso route.  I don't regret it but need to get a handle on my coffee budget Smiley Embarassed

Trusted Contributor

@jessa wrote:

@soonersis wrote:

Soonersis

No, it does not.

Honored Contributor

Re: Excellent coffee

[ Edited ]

@JeanM17 wrote:

You should check out the Nespresso.  Also a single serve but it makes espesso or lungo coffee and it is FANTASTIC.  Pricier than K Cups but so much better.  I had a Keurig for years and I really did love it but when it died I decided to go the Nespresso route.  I don't regret it but need to get a handle on my coffee budget Smiley Embarassed

@JeanM17

I agree that Nespresso is hard to beat if you like espresso or rich dark coffee (according to hubby).  I use 2 or 3 espresso shots for iced coffee, with a little milk added.  No flavorings or sweeteners.

Their aluminum capsules are what maybe 75 cents a cup (stocked up and don't remember exactly), but they keep a long time and the freshness and flavor from them is remarkable.  I have not found one I really disliked--oh except a chocolate flavored one one time!  

Also, those single-cup machines that grind and brew like an espresso maker with pressured hot water are wonderful.  That's what my spouse has and he is in love with it.  It was a gift to him.  I don't drink regular coffee--just espresso or iced coffee.

Contributor

My origional Keurig is still running....my daughter says it' sounds like an airplane taking off!  I've dec ided to go back to my drip coffee maker after it finally quits.  My son had so much trouble with his 2.0 that he went back to a drip machine.  His comment was "Mom, you need to go back...once you try the drip coffee, you'll cry when you remember how good it tastes!" LOL    

Trusted Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

@jessa wrote:

@soonersis wrote:

Soonersis

No, it does not

Thank you

Jessa
Regular Contributor

A few years ago on this forum there were some raves for the old Farberware electric percolater, if you could get ahold of one- because the older ones were well made and lasted for years and years, keep coffee nice and hot and tastes wonderful. I did not find an old one but bought a Presto electric percolator. I grind my own coffee (Costco San Fransisco french roast) and love my hot coffee.