Honored Contributor

I have 5 kids-all adults. Every year on Mother's Day they drop in-never know when/who is coming. For once I'd like to have something I can put out for them to eat while we visit. Something already made, hopefully finger foods, just SOMETHING, you know? Thanks for any tips.

Honored Contributor

I'd put out a slow-cooker with HOT DOGS on "warm".......and a tray of buns and condiments........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Charcuterie boards would be fun. You could do a savory one (pepperoni, cheeses, crackers, olives, nuts, etc) and a sweet one (small cookies/brownies, chocolates, etc).

Or you could do deviled eggs, breads (zuccini, banana nut, poppyseed) or even just popcorn (different flavors might be nice).

Regular Contributor

I don't know why they are "dropping in" with no notice to you on Mother's Day. Let them bring the snacks.

Honored Contributor

@Cwoldie wrote:

I don't know why they are "dropping in" with no notice to you on Mother's Day. Let them bring the snacks.

@Cwoldie     Lots of people have to work on holidays.     I only got Thanksgiving off....because Thursday was my regular day off!!   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

I have 5 kids-all adults. Every year on Mother's Day they drop in-never know when/who is coming. For once I'd like to have something I can put out for them to eat while we visit. Something already made, hopefully finger foods, just SOMETHING, you know? Thanks for any tips.

@Judaline Do you mean sweets or savory?  Snack type or something like a dessert--cake or pie?  Do they have specific food likes/needs?

Give us some idea what you and they would like!  

Honored Contributor

Meatballs in a crockpot, deli potato and macaroni salads, veggie tray, and paper plates.

Valued Contributor

Re: Dumb Question

[ Edited ]

How about wraps? Ham and cheese wraps or roast beef ones that you can make the night before and just slice the next day?

Chip and dip or salsa and chips and hummus

A veggie tray and or fruit tray from store

Brownies, cookies from store

Honored Contributor

A charcuterie board is a great suggestion.  Have some additional components ready in the fridge so you can replenish as needed. 

Trusted Contributor

nice of you want to have something prepared for your kids, but hey. this is your special day. take it easy. your kids should be celebrating you, and providing refreshments. they should be pampering you.