Respected Contributor

What ever you serve, make it something YOU like.

How about finger sandwiches from the supermarket?  OR get a sub sandwich from the local shop, maybe the one they grew up with,  and cut it into several pieces.

Respected Contributor

@freakygirl wrote:

nice of you want to have something prepared for your kids, but hey. this is your special day. take it easy. your kids should be celebrating you, and providing refreshments. they should be pampering you. 

Agree with @freakygirl

This is your day they should be hosting you not the other way around.    Do you have to clean up aafter them too?  I would make plans to do something I really enjoy and when they "drop by" the surprise will be on them.

Honored Contributor

@freakygirl wrote:

nice of you want to have something prepared for your kids, but hey. this is your special day. take it easy. your kids should be celebrating you, and providing refreshments. they should be pampering you. 

If they'd all come together it would work, but they are all different since some work, some will be going to their spouses' moms, too, and it's just too complicated.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner  No sweets-the girls won't touch them. Snack type is the best. I feel stupid just putting out chips and dip. I would like little individual things (like what??) because as I said they'll be coming in shifts and if the first guys/gals eat everything, I'm done.

Super Contributor

If you do it, they expect it.  It is your day to let your adult children do something for you.  You can offer a nice cold drink or coffee/tea, other than that, I'd leave it up to the ADULTS.

Most have to visit both sides, but they can handle it!

You did enough all of the years that you raised them.

Respected Contributor

Maybe you should go around to all their homes and have each of them put out a spread for you. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Dumb Question

[ Edited ]

It would depend on what time they are coming  and how long they are staying.  I know you said some would pop in at various times so I would just make it snacks like cheese and crackers, fruit and a  cookie tray.

If they don't plan on staying long or come in the middle of the afternoon, then they don't want sandwiches.  

Regular Contributor

Not a dumb question! 😉 How about little ham salad sandwiches on slider buns or on tiny pumpernickel bread? And put a pot of soup or chili on the stove on warm? Wow. I just made myself hungry! 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Dumb Question

[ Edited ]

@Judaline  Anything in a slow-cooker, and crudities and dip on the side. Cookies, chips, pretzels, and beverages.

Anything not eaten on Mother's Day you can eat during the week.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU!

-SolarSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@KG60 wrote:

Not a dumb question! 😉 How about little ham salad sandwiches on slider buns or on tiny pumpernickel bread? And put a pot of soup or chili on the stove on warm? Wow. I just made myself hungry! 

@KG60    Me, too (!!!!)      di

♥Surface of the Sun♥