Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Collect Fiesta Dinnerware???

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Diva on The Q wrote:

The Evine Shopping Channel now sells Fiesta dinnerware!

@Diva on The Q 

I saw that! I didn’t notice any great prices though.

My dinnerware is Fiesta and I occasionally purchase new pieces but dishes are not something I would ever “collect.” I really don’t “collect” anything for the sake of collecting.

@willdob3: On occasion I will add to my collection of Fiesta. I like a variety of styles and colors. I do, however, use my Fiesta everyday. The 67.5 oz Large Pitcher is on my wish list. Macy's has a great sale on Fiesta right now. I see that my pitcher (orig. cost $70.00) is down to $49.99 PLUS an additional 30% off!!! You're right about Evine's pricing. There didn't seem to be anything on sale, per se. 

@Diva on The Q 

One of my childhood memories is of family meals and a large yellow pitcher on the table. I realized a few years ago that it was Fiesta! 

I live alone and don’t have room to entertain but, if I did, I’d surely have more than I do. As it is, I have more than one person needs! I pick the color that matches my mood for the day.

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom Just curious.  Did the chef tell your friend why?  Is it because white makes the food the "star" for presentation purposes, or some other reason?

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@beach-mom Just curious.  Did the chef tell your friend why?  Is it because white makes the food the "star" for presentation purposes, or some other reason?

@aroc3435  - Exactly as you said! He said the food should be the only color you see on a plate. She went out and bought a set at Williams Sonoma. :I'm not much for a lot of pattern in my dinnerware, but I do like color! smileyhappy:

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom  Thanks for replying.  I have a set of Gibson Regal pattern which has a raised white very subdued dots and indents on white, and I used to have a white basketweave pattern before that set, but I still someday want to have a set with a formal floral multi colored set.  Just haven't been able to decide.

I love sets of dishes and miss having cups and saucers instead of mugs. 

Respected Contributor

@bonnielu 

If you ever want to see your blue set , let me know.  I have one cobalt blue dinner plate from my grandmother's set from the 1950's..  It's a 9 or 9.5" plate.   The size they should all be.

I keep looking on ebay for a blue set for sale but no luck so far.  

Esteemed Contributor

Just in case anyone is looking to stock up, Fiesta Factory Direct is currently offering free ground shipping and has sales going on several categories/collections...

https://fiestafactorydirect.com

Honored Contributor

I bought 4 new pieces this week that are in their way---Wayfair had their ---WAY DAY---where everything was free to ship and got the black skull and vines mug on sale, as well as the deep pie dish. Not sure why both of those were such good deals but ok by me with no shipping. ----And I  found a piece I hadn't seen before, so I ordered 2 of them--a 12" x 6" rec tray. Am anxiously awaiting for the new Meadow color.