Respected Contributor

I have seen them for years in Chefs Ctalog and finally broke down and bought the 10 qt.

Unfotunately,  in my zeal and admiration after taking it out of the box and admiring it, I lost any infor mationthat may have come with it..

Do you think I need to season it? It is basically a stock pot and generally I always season frypans, not saucepans or stockpots,  but what do you think'?

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone have a Maslin Pan?

[ Edited ]

I've never heard of this before MT, is there a special dish that you prepare that you need this pot for?

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains link to another retail site.

Respected Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

I have seen them for years in Chefs Ctalog and finally broke down and bought the 10 qt.

Unfotunately,  in my zeal and admiration after taking it out of the box and admiring it, I lost any infor mationthat may have come with it..

Do you think I need to season it? It is basically a stock pot and generally I always season frypans, not saucepans or stockpots,  but what do you think'?

Thanks!

I've never heard of one either.  But it does look handy.   I'd say it depends on what it's made of.   Personally I only season cast iron and unglazed ceramic/stoneware.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

its stainless, and its 10 qt- I will use it for soups, stocks and especially for canning- 

Its bail type handle along with a single helper handle makes it really easy to carry and pour from.. Glass lid iwth vent means no  boil l overs...

The narrow base widens to the top and thus concentrates flavors and less surface area means virtually no sticking..

Been eyeing it for a long time and when they had 50% off and free shipping, I BIT!

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

its stainless, and its 10 qt- I will use it for soups, stocks and especially for canning- 

Its bail type handle along with a single helper handle makes it really easy to carry and pour from.. Glass lid iwth vent means no  boil l overs...

The narrow base widens to the top and thus concentrates flavors and less surface area means virtually no sticking..

Been eyeing it for a long time and when they had 50% off and free shipping, I BIT!

Thank you for this . . . my mom would have been all over this if she were still here as this would be her kind of pot! . . . Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe @debic

There is a YouTube video of it..it really looks very multi functional! I like that the handle (can) stays upright while cooking, so it stays cool.. The reviews are almost totally 5 star, but then, everything I get at Chefs is pretty darn good!

so what do you think, season, or not? I am dying to use it!

Respected Contributor

I can't see any possible reason to season it.   I will go look for the youtube video.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

You are probably right, no need to season it..it's just, well you only gave ONE chance, when it's new, and I didn't want to blow it!

thanks!

Honored Contributor

I just looked it up, that's a beauty and since it's 18/10 SS I vote no seasoning too.

Congratulations and enjoy!