Esteemed Contributor

@kitty60 wrote:

It did take me a long time to honestly try Aldi's but I'm glad I did.  If you don't find yourself with a quarter our store will give you one, when you return the cart you get it back.

I haven't been in several weeks but I'll have to check the k-cups, they had been more expensive then mentioned here last time I was in. 

kitty, I blame Maxwell House for the increase in K-Cup prices.  A few years ago when 12 count grocery store boxes were$5, MW priced theirs at $7.  Everyone else followed suit and went up from there.  Even Trader Joe's 7 count boxes are $3.99.

So $1.99 for 12 K-Cups, AND they taste great?  That's a deal!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

HonnyBrown, if you enjoy ham, be sure and try Aldi's Appleton Farms ham (a seasonal item around Thanksgiving and Easter.)

Also, once in a great while they advertise frozen Maine lobster tails that are the best I've ever eaten!

I'm lucky in that our Aldi's is very clean, well stocked and the produce is less expensive and fresher than our local Publix.  It's not one-stop shopping for me, but I can get the majority of my staples there.

Denise
Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

HonnyBrown, if you enjoy ham, be sure and try Aldi's Appleton Farms ham (a seasonal item around Thanksgiving and Easter.)

Also, once in a great while they advertise frozen Maine lobster tails that are the best I've ever eaten!

I'm lucky in that our Aldi's is very clean, well stocked and the produce is less expensive and fresher than our local Publix.  It's not one-stop shopping for me, but I can get the majority of my staples there.

I can second the vote for their spiral hams around the holidays.  We hosted all of the holidays and no one ever brought anything or contributed any money so one day I convinced my mom to try an Aldi ham . . . everybody raved about it and said it was the best they had ever had . . . we never looked back again!

Esteemed Contributor

mtc and denise, thank you for the ham recommendations!!!!!

I will check the circulars for the lobster tails.  That is one of my favorite foods!

Valued Contributor

Conit, Can you tell me why your vet put your doggies on a pumpkin diet? And, what else do you feed them along with the pumpkin? My son's dog is scratching all the time, and I went to Tractor Supply and bought good, expensive, grain free food. He still is itching. He also has what I think is a yeast infection in his ear-he it itching that all the time too. I gave my son some panalog for that-told him to use it for 7 days. But I am curious about the pumpkin. I love his dog and want to figure out what is wrong with him. The vets just want to give you steriod shots to them. 

Honored Contributor

I used to give my furbaby pumpkin when she would get (as the vet said) the "squirts".  They would clear up right away.  I would mix it with rice and her dry food and a bit of boil hamburger.

I am so sorry to hear about your son's dog itching.  I have heard a lot of good things about a product called Dinovite.  I believe it is a supplement that you add to your furbabies food.  I have never had call to use it but again I have heard good things about it.  It may be something to look into to avoid the next step the vet's are proposing.

Esteemed Contributor

rose, when my friend's mastif was ill, the vet medicine the vet prescribed gave him the runs.  Canned pumpkin did the trick, but when it went out of season, he still wanted it.

Respected Contributor

Sorry, I just saw your post as I am not used to these new boards. My Vet put my dog on the pumpkin diet because 5 months after she was spade she had gained 5 or so pounds. She told me to use the regular kibble that I am using which is Eukauba Excel Lamb, then 1/3 cup of pumpkin with 1/3 of a cup of kibble twice a day. This is for Shelties so a medium dog, I am sure a smaller or larger dog would need more or less depending on what the Vet says so I would ask your vet. My dogs are healthy with beautiful coats and skin. I have a friend who has been breeding Sharpai's for years, she always said the Lamb was the best for Dogs with skin allergies.

Valued Contributor

Thank you, honeybrown, for the pumpkin information. I am going to discuss this with my son.

Valued Contributor

Thank you, conit, for the pumpkin information and also about the lamb and skin allergies. The next time he gets the grain free dog food at Tractor Supply, I will have him get the lamb. His dog is scrating all the time.