Super Contributor

Has anyone purchased any moissanite? I am looking at a bracelet that QVC is selling. Looks pretty but i do not know anything about it. Thanks

Respected Contributor

@plc123 

I'm a jewelry dealer and just like any gemstone you most likely will know when you really like a particular stone., i.e.it "speaks" to you.

I have sold several moissanite pieces and for me it is somewhat diamond like but not close enough.to justify paying a price close to a diamond.

An upside is prices have  gone down recently so price may be a reason for buying.

Esteemed Contributor

@plc123 I have several Moissanite pieces of jewelry and it is fabulous!!! I honestly prefer Moissanite over ANY diamonds. It is prettier, more ethically derived, and more modern than falling for the antiquated marketing messages that try to tell you why you should want "real" diamonds. Smart women are choosing smarter options like Moissanite, lab grown diamonds, etc. There is no way you'd be disappointed with Moissanite.

Honored Contributor

@plc123.  I've had Moissanite for at least 10 years.  It's bright and sparkly without the glassy whiteness of a CZ.  I will say that QVC's prices on the product are the highest I've been anywhere.  They really aren't even competitive.

Moissanite has been made under a patent owned by Charles & Covard for years.   The patent expired a couple years ago and prices have plummeted and they are many new manufacturers.

Before you buy something like Moissanite,  you need to do some research on the subject just as you would if buying a diamond. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'd find it difficult to purchase gemstone jewelry from QVC. I've seen several levels of concentration of color or granulation from stone to stone just. on presentations or online. It's like Forrest Gump....the box of chocolates where you never know what you get.

Honored Contributor

I prefer moissanite over diamonds. I have some moissanite that is 20+ years old and it looks like new flawless diamonds.

Buy only if the description tells you the grade of the moissanite. I think there are 3-4 grades. Thelowest quality isn't very good.  

Moissaniteco.com is my favorite retailer.

Super Contributor

Thanks everyone. The one i was looking at is J431794. But not sure about it.

Respected Contributor

I bought my only pieces of moissanite from ShopLC.  They're beautiful & A LOT cheaper than ve seen on any other shopping channel or at retail.  

Trusted Contributor

@plc123 

Pretty bracelet. I had heard of this stone but didn't know what it was. 

Respected Contributor

I've heard the other Networks tell the "Moissanite Story" . In the western United States there was a meteor that landed MANY years ago. On this meteor was a tiny crystal that was what they later named as Moissanite.  The man made gems created now are supposed to be based on that identical crystal.  It is a beautiful stone.