Respected Contributor

Re: Am i seeing the last of RLM?

On 2/2/2014 Caaareful Shopper said:

At the very end of the show Nancy said they would not be offering those RLM pieces because they had to make way for his new pieces. She also said the RLM/Andy Warhol pieces were definitely not being made anymore. But now I have to wonder if she misspoke and perhaps none of his jewelry will be back on QVC.

Nancy? Saying something wrong? Likely so. As for Robert Lee Morris jewelry, anyone who knows QVC's pattern of practice with vendors can read those tea leaves. He hasn't had any real on-air presence in years, most of his things are on clearance, and the time that was allotted to him on Sterling Designer Day is a single hour in the wee hours of the morning. The same pattern of events unfolded with Ann King.

Trusted Contributor

I also have several lovely RLM pieces. He has not been on in ages so I had assumed he was out. I never liked Ripka jewelry. Too ornate, overdone and not worth the price.
Respected Contributor

On 2/2/2014 dakotacheryl said:

I am so glad I have some beautiful RLM pieces from years ago...Won't see anything like them again.

I also have many pieces from his collection. Sad.

Super Contributor

He sold his company and now just consults/ puts his name on costume designs in Macys. I too am glad to have some of his beautiful old pieces. I imagine he is gone from QVC.
Valued Contributor

I'm glad I bought RLM items when he did beautiful all silver pieces. I have the carnivale necklace, which I adore. I really miss the clean lines of RLM and Ann King. I see nothing comparable on QVC now.
Respected Contributor

I read an article quite a while back about the time silver prices started going up (wish I could remember the magazine). Anyway, he said that the Q wanted him to start using more and more copper in his jewelry and he was none too happy about that, but was under contract so he had to fulfill it.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

There's been speculation that the end is near for this line for several years... Time will tell if the stellar minds... supposedly 'managing' QVC have opted to further limit the ever-decreasing variety of merchandise they elect to bring to their valued customers...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Personally, I'm not a big fan of him or his line, but am still irritated at their having deep-sixed Anne King and so many other lines in favor of overkill presentations from the same handful of jewelry designers, most of whom haven't done anything seriously fresh in quite some time.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

I agree that it looks like the handwriting is on the wall and we will not be seeing RLM anymore. I know a while back I sensed some frustration about the wishes of QVC and what Robert wanted to do. Like QVC wanting to add copper etc to bring down the price. Seems they handpicked him because I don't see Ripka or Dawkins doing that. I am not sure what business agreements RLM had with QVC but I hope it's over and he doesn't sell his soul, so to speak, to them. I will find Roberts pieces somewhere else.

Frequent Contributor

On 2/2/2014 QVCPal said:

I agree that it looks like the handwriting is on the wall and we will not be seeing RLM anymore. I know a while back I sensed some frustration about the wishes of QVC and what Robert wanted to do. Like QVC wanting to add copper etc to bring down the price. Seems they handpicked him because I don't see Ripka or Dawkins doing that. I am not sure what business agreements RLM had with QVC but I hope it's over and he doesn't sell his soul, so to speak, to them. I will find Roberts pieces somewhere else.

oh one more thing, I am pretty sure Robert had a QVC facebook page - now it is only Robert Lee Morris