Regular Contributor

Am i seeing the last of RLM?

It's the 5am hour and I couldn't sleep so I turned on the "Big" jewelry event and here is an RLM show! "He couldn't make it" says Nancy. No wonder all clearance and I bet when this is all gone so will he. What a shame to lose such a talent and have Judith Ripka every other minute! Perhaps Robert doesn't want to compromise with his art! I will surely miss him and have been an avid collector and have given many of his things to friends. I know I can buy his things other places, but I will miss his presentations very much.
Honored Contributor

Re: Am i seeing the last of RLM?

""There is no reorder"" was said during each presentation. I think this is the end for Mr. Morris.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Super Contributor

It is a bit sad - considering how they used to boast about having RLM at QVC. Given that he is the most accomplished of QVC designers, it says a lot about where they are heading. I have been snatching up Hagit designs, since they rarely do reorders of her stuff. I am sure that is also because she oversees her own manufacturing, but that's why it's quality and so special.
Respected Contributor

I was up early also and saw the show. He wasn't on another hour show that I saw a few weeks ago either. Why do the good ones leave. I don't Ripka, too much diamonique and crazy prices.

Valued Contributor

I am so glad I have some beautiful RLM pieces from years ago...Won't see anything like them again.

Occasional Contributor

I too have been curious about the absence of Robert Lee Morris. I miss his QVC visits very much. I have many of his pieces and wear them often. After waiting up until 2 a.m. to see him on the show that advertised "RLM with Robert Lee Morris", I felt let down by QVC that he was not there and also items were all clearance. I am not a fan of Nancy and that was another clue. I wish QVC would let us know what has happened. Middle of the night, no presence, Nancy, lack of inventory, and QVC's silence on the matter are enough clues to convince me we may have seen the last of Robert. Such a shame. I will cherish the pieces I have.

Honored Contributor

I caught the tail end of the show. I thought it was interesting that they had the "retail price" of one item, and then the "clearance price" but on screen they never had the Q price. Nancy said it was a savings of about $30, but if you didn't know the Q price, you might have been tricked into thinking you were "saving" $90 or more.

Respected Contributor

I think, when silver prices got so high, he had trouble keeping prices down, then started adding bronze and druzy to everything and cheapening his designs, like the Andy Warhol collection. I'm so glad I have some of his good pieces from the past. I don't care for Bixby or Ripka because they're too fussy for my taste; sizing for rings from Hagit are always off. I'm very sad and will miss RLM and his clean, modern designs.

Honored Contributor

At the very end of the show Nancy said they would not be offering those RLM pieces because they had to make way for his new pieces. She also said the RLM/Andy Warhol pieces were definitely not being made anymore. But now I have to wonder if she misspoke and perhaps none of his jewelry will be back on QVC.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/2/2014 lolakimono said:

I caught the tail end of the show. I thought it was interesting that they had the "retail price" of one item, and then the "clearance price" but on screen they never had the Q price. Nancy said it was a savings of about $30, but if you didn't know the Q price, you might have been tricked into thinking you were "saving" $90 or more.

I noticed that they are doing this with MANY clearance items--the original QVC price is no longer shown. I wonder if they are purposely doing this so we won't see how LITTLE the item has actually been reduced.

Also, re RLM, you can buy his overpriced COSTUME jewelry in Macy's. They have a whole line of his designs.