Honored Contributor

Usually warm.

Honored Contributor

My bras and other delicates - delicate cycle - cold/cold

dark clothes cold/cold heavy cycle

all else hot /cold permanant press cycle.

Honored Contributor

Re: water temp for laundry

[ Edited ]

My washer has a special temp that is between cold and warm.  I use that for almost everything including towels and sheets. Rinse is same temp.

Most dark clothing gets washed in cold water, cold rinse.

It’s just the two of us and our clothing is never really dirty. I get oil stains from cooking, so I pretreat them before dropping them into the washer.    I use a heavy duty commercial grade  Whirlpool washer and dryer that must be around 20 yeats old.  It works great. I hope I never have to buy and use a newer washer that only uses a thimble full of water.

Once in a while, I will use hot water wash and cold rinse, but it is usually for something like a dog towel or doggie bed cover.

Honored Contributor

hot for items going in with bleach.

warm for all other items.

i never use cold.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Hot for bleachables and sheets, warm for everything else.

Honored Contributor

I mostly use hot.  Unless it is something I feel will fade a lot.  Or something that might shrink.  Also, if there are stains and I have pre-soaked or treated, then I use cold.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I use mostly cool---hot for towels and undies, warm for work clothes. I have cycles for each those categories. No fancy stuff,  but do use laundry bags for bras and things I don't want to be snagged.

Honored Contributor

Cold wash/rinse for everything.  I'm not sure "hot" water is hot enough to kill germs and from what I've read (except for here!!!) cold water is fine for the laundry.

Honored Contributor

Cold unless using bleach.

Honored Contributor

Cold for dark colors.

Warm for light colors.

Hot for sheets and towels.