Super Contributor

@goldensrbest 

water vinegar mix wipe with newspapers

mrshckynut 

Trusted Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@AlsaceGal wrote:

@pattypeep 

Are you supposed to dampen magic eraser before using on windows?

@AlsaceGal 

Yes wet the magic eraser it's supposed to activate the scrubbers in the sponge or that's what it says online.

If that doen't work try 50/50 water vinegar solution. Spray window & let it set a fews minutes before cleaning. 

Thank you! The sun is shining, I'll try it in the morning.

Respected Contributor

We use ammonia and water when we wash our windows,

Trusted Contributor

To remove soap scum and hard water deposits from a tile wall in a bathroom, mix one part muriatic acid with five parts water. Since muriatic acid is a harsh chemical, mix it outside. Follow the warning and instructions on the bottle, and be sure to wear rubber gloves and eye protection.  

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

Are you sprinklers using reclaimed water?  Ours do and they really spot the windows-I had the landscape company redirect them.

BUT, even though I've used vinegar solution, Windex, etc. I still see spots.

Recently, I hired a company to do my windows inside & out did great job the spots are gone🙂.  Sorry, I don't know the solution they used & I have no recommendations.

good luck with other ideas here!

Valued Contributor
Try invisible glass , a glass cleaner for auto windshields availably at Walmart in the auto section With a soft cloth or even newspaper
It should remove the spots easily
Honored Contributor

Do you have hard water? We live on a lake and yes I get spots on my windows. I just wash with Dawn on the scrubber side and squeegee dry.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Well water here.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@On It wrote:

@goldensrbest I would try white vinegar. It can be diluted something like one cup to a gallon of warm water. See if that removes it. It will certainly clean the window. If the diluted vinegar doesn't work, use full strength.

@On It   would vinegar also clean a mirror that has

spots?   I have a mirror in a powder room in the basement that nothing seems to work on .  It's an old antique mirror that I love and want to keep ,  but nothing I've tried works , it looks like dried  up hairspray to me.

Valued Contributor
@Kitty Galore
I have a picture behind glass on my bathroom wall and it had hairspray spots on it. My clarifying shampoo cleaned it right up.