Respected Contributor

The lantern in my bathroom...

Good evening all!   I was involved in a a few lantern conversations so decided to start my own post, again.  A few of you asked how the TSV Luminara lantern worked out in my bathroom, so I took pics. 

DH and I like it a lot.  We are in Florida and the guest bath has a slight nautical theme.  The pic that can be seen on the wall is a boat on the water and has some of the same colors in it as the slate lantern.  While the new light fixture provides a lot of light, it isn't ideal for picture taking, but believe me, it looks better in person.  This is the 19" lantern and my first Luminara so I can't compare the color to past lanterns in slate, as someone had asked.  

DH thought the technology is cool, as do I.  The lantern seems like great quality and was well packed.  While we have enough lanterns, DH joked that's the only decor he could go into Home Goods as a single guy and buy while still feeling manly, lol.  So he has quite a few.   But, I have a feeling I will be picking up some more Luminaras down the road.  I am on waitlist for the bronze which I think will look great in the bathroom too.  Guess it depends what kind of look I'm going for.  

DH and I agree we like the counter less cluttered so will probably stick with just the lantern for now, I had considered adding two smaller items, one on each side, but it's good enough for now.  I like the size, glad I didn't go bigger.  Smaller would've been ok too, but the medium is perfect, imo.

bathroom lantern2.jpg

bathroom lantern1.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Re: The lantern in my bathroom...

I think those two furry decorations make the best accessories EVER!

Respected Contributor

@crazycockermom, looks very nice.  (And your 'lil doggies too.)  Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

You can always use the pedestal for another candle ... this is not a hard and fast rule but displays look nice in odd numbers - 1, 3, 5 ...

Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom, I'm so glad you're pleased with it.  I think it looks great.  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom, You could add to your nautical theme by adding small seashells, etc. around the candle. 

Esteemed Contributor

My bathroom is very similar - two sinks, etc., but how about replacing those two individual mirrors with one big mirror that goes from one corner of the vanity to the other.  You'd be surprised how much brighter your bathroom would be - with the lamp lights reflecting off the mirror.  Love mine!

Honored Contributor

It looks nice,i like it your dogs are so cute.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nice color choice!  I'll bet it's really pretty when the overhead lights are out and the candle is on, too.

I wish my bathroom counter was that clean - I have a skylight in mine and can't resist putting plants wherever there is natural light.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@crazycockermom, You could add to your nautical theme by adding small seashells, etc. around the candle. 

Thanks SHOPR - I thought of some shells or similar and like that idea.  Don't want it too look cluttered, but a few small shells will accent it nicely.  It's just a guest bath that doesn't get used much, so I'm trying to keep it simple.  Smiley Happy