Valued Contributor

I was checking out item #H451047, Valerie's indoor/outdoor bird and vine garden bench,  and could not believe what it would cost to ship it. Since it didn't state the charge on the description page, I put it into my cart and then immediately removed it. The shipping charge was $94!!!!!. I can't get over that amount. The bench costs $158.98 right now, which means it would cost more than half of the sale price to ship it. I know the costs of things are getting higher and higher, but this much just for shipping? I even called QVC to see if this might be an error, but it wasn't. Obviously I'm not ever going to be buying this. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping cost shocker!!!

@qualityshopper  Keep it on your Wish List while waiting for a FREE S&H day.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

@qualityshopper   Wait for a free shipping day & order it then. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualityshopper wrote:

I was checking out item #H451047, Valerie's indoor/outdoor bird and vine garden bench,  and could not believe what it would cost to ship it. Since it didn't state the charge on the description page, I put it into my cart and then immediately removed it. The shipping charge was $94!!!!!. I can't get over that amount. The bench costs $158.98 right now, which means it would cost more than half of the sale price to ship it. I know the costs of things are getting higher and higher, but this much just for shipping? I even called QVC to see if this might be an error, but it wasn't. Obviously I'm not ever going to be buying this. 

Go to Amazon and put "outdoor benches" in the search bar. There are a lot of pretty benches with bird and vine motifs a lot less in cost.

Hope this helps.Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

@qualityshopper   You might try calling customer service and ask if the posted shipping charge for Valerie's bench is a typo.  The two benches below are both in the $20 range for shipping.

20240406_223238.jpg

Respected Contributor

There have been a couple of other threads about this over the last few weeks which is why I looked up the bench ~ I couldn't believe it then and it's hard to believe now. If I recall the S&H was $104 originally and several posts about it and then the next Valerie show it was down to the $94. In my mind I thought okay they realize their mistake and will "fix" it ~ well, I guess this is it...

I love the suggestions of waiting for a free S&H day but I'm too chicken to try it.

Valued Contributor

@LdyBugz --I did check with CS, and she quoted the same price. Like you, I checked out other benches that QVC sells and none of them had this high of a shipping charge.They were more in line with the examples you posted. As other responders mentioned, there are plenty of other benches on here, as well as at other retailers, with reasonalbe shipping costs (even free SH), so I have plenty of options besides Valerie's. I was just so shocked that QVC would set such a ridiculous fee that I had to post about it. As others said, if I really want this particular one, wait for a free shipping day. But no need since there are so many other better options out there. Heed the saying--caveat emptor.

Respected Contributor

Look at Wayfair. Their customer service is really good and most items ship very quickly.

Honored Contributor

Does it ship already put together? That's a lot!

Trusted Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

@qualityshopper   You might try calling customer service and ask if the posted shipping charge for Valerie's bench is a typo.  The two benches below are both in the $20 range for shipping.

20240406_223238.jpg

It was confirmed on Val’s FB page. Someone asked and they responded that yes, that was the shipping charge.