Occasional Contributor

I was wondering if QVC ever has sewing machines for sale.  I am retired, and now have time for some sewing projects.  I want to make drapes, duvet covers, pillows, and might even tackle an upholstered chair or two.  A machine on easy pay would be a great find!

Esteemed Contributor

QVC doesn't have sewing machines that I know of. Try HSN - I've seem some there, also Walmart. Are you looking for a particular brand? 

Honored Contributor

Try joann.com, hope this helps! 

Honored Contributor

HSN has a number of sewing machines.  Most, if not all of them appear to offer at least 4 flex pays.

Honored Contributor

QVC has many sewing machines for sale.  Remember, there are tons of different items for sale even if they never make it to a TV presentation.  Just look on QVC.com.  Lots of them.

Respected Contributor

They do.  I just did a search and several come up. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, they do. Just type the word sewing into the Search QVC box at the top of the page and press the Enter key. That will bring them all up for you.

You might also be able to click this link: http://www.qvc.com/CatalogSearch?langId=-1&storeId=10251&catalogId=10151&keyword=sewing

That's the results page from my own search, but sometimes they won't work.

Respected Contributor

Check out the fabric stores where you live.

Last weekend I bought a new Baby Lock  Lyric sewing and quilting machine from my fabric store.  It was on sale for almost half price, and they gave me 2 years financing with no interest payments.   I'm loving my machine, and I'm looking at classes to sign up for on Craftsy dot com that are currently on sale for half price.

Trusted Contributor

QVC and HSN both sell some of the same brands.  I think HSN has a larger selection.  HSN has programs dedicated to the machines and I have enjoyed them because they did a good job of describing what machines are best for given projects.  I am considering buying a machine as I am retired now.  I especially enjoyed their quilting shows but don't think I need a fancy machine.  Sewing would be a good winter project as I don't driver far in the snow and ice.  I also need to investigate local craft and sewing shops for future attachments and even service.  Happy sewing.

Trusted Contributor

You mentioned that you want to make drapes. Drapes are a very heavy fabric. No machine unless you by an industrial one is going to work. Other wise, it's all going to depend on what kind of fabric you use. If you are serious you need to by a heavier machine, not one off of TV.  I would call a sewing machine repair shop first. They sometimes have used machines that have be refurbished and you know that they are in good working condition and tell them what you are planning to sew. Good luck.