Honored Contributor

Re: Red, White, & Blue Kitchen

It's a nice summer look. Not sure how I'd react if you submitted this photo to us in November.

Esteemed Contributor

Love navy and red but they don't work in this kitchen. Maybe it's the shade of red, maybe it's to much white, I don't know but it doesn't work at all for me.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a big fan of red, white and blue... More times than not it turns out to be sort of trite... This isn't a bad looking kitchen but I don't think I like the floor boards going in different directions, not wild about the red painted cabinets and don't like the cushions used on the bar stools... The whole is a bit better than the sum of its parts...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

The kitchen is crisp and lovely. Not my style but I can appreciate it.

I find that people who love Americana are passionate about it. I have two friends that do a lot of this type decorating and I find it refreshing. 

Respected Contributor

@wilma 

I like this kitchen as a "seasonal" room.  I would tire of the red cabinets for long term which makes it impractical to begin with.

I do love the blue, white combo for long term though.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's a charming, lovely kitchen and that the red, white and blue theme is beautifully done.  

Honored Contributor

@wilma, when I read your thread title I thought, oh no, not for me, lol. But once I clicked on the thread and saw this kitchen, it does have appeal. It's not something I would do in my own kitchen, but I do like it. The flooring tho, should all run the same direction, and really would be better if it were the same wood.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Absolutely NOT.  I will leave the red, white and blue to our flag.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

I love it !  

Honored Contributor

I dont care for the room......  And like you said, I think I would quickly get tired of a red/white/blue color scheme year round....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”