Esteemed Contributor
On 8/7/2014 IMW said: Been shopping with LL Bean for 25 years, 20% is the best I've seen

Thank you! I appreciate the information.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, 20% off is the best I've seen as well. If you do go to Freeport, LLBean has an outlet store (not the main store and not near the main store) where they sell some of their items at reduced prices. They may be returns from online shopping or older inventory from the main store. Anyway, they sell at reduced prices there. Also, Shopr, do check out their flannel sheets if you get the chance. They get softer and softer. They are well loved by their customers! LM

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, LM.

Honored Contributor

I love the 280 pima cotton at any price. We signed up for their cc, so now shipping and returns are free!! The pima ones (purchase separately and stay away from the sunwashed percale) are wonderful. They wash well; the fitted sheet fits our extra deep king mattress (we do not have a California King). So a 20% discount sounds pretty good to me. Good luck!

PS... don't forget mrrebates, etc!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

LTT, Thanks for mentioning the sunwashed sheets. I had considered those also, but figured the durability was much better with the regular 280-ct sheets. They haven't let me down yet and I've used the fitted sheets regularly for 3 years now.

Honored Contributor

oh, good, SHOPR! Originally, I had ordered the sun washed and we noticed that they made a plasticy, crinkling sound after being taken out of the dryer. Went to the site, and sure enough, the reviews said this happened and that it never went away!

I called the company and arranged an exchange. We actually had the 280 percale in the guest room and have been very happy with them. I just forgot to look when ordering. It was a poster on this very board that stressed to buy the 280 tc percale, so I am grateful to this poster.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I just searched the LLBean site for the 280 TC pima cotton sheets in the Cal. King size, but they only have them in the King size. Strange!!!

Am I missing something?

Years ago I bought Charisma 310 TC supima cottom sheets and they are fabulous. However, they are not sold anymore. I can't find them anywhere, so that's why I was glad to read this thread about the LLBean's pima cotton.

I'm back to add that I did find the Charisma 310 tc sheets on Ebay, but after searching the internet and reading a blog about the sheets, I learned they are not the same sheets they were 20 years ago. Fieldcrest was sold and the Charisma sheets are now made in China, I believe.

So, I will pamper the two sets I have and hope they last another ten years. They are now about 15-20 years old and look new.

Honored Contributor

Get and/or stay on their email list.

Plus, they sometimes have special offers just for their Visa card users.

Esteemed Contributor
On 8/7/2014 feline groovy said:

I agree. The quality of their items is such, they do not offer as many discounts.

Honored Contributor
On 8/7/2014 nutmeg3 said:
On 8/7/2014 feline groovy said:

I agree. The quality of their items is such, they do not offer as many discounts.

Yep.

Plus they have free shipping everyday.