Contributor

Re: Lanterns on Valerie's Show?

Red lantern?  RED LANTERN???  

Only the object of a recent obsession!  Mallemo was instrumental in rallying a Red Lantern group here in search of the perfect specimen to match Val's--when was this?  Was it last year, or in 2013?  

I think it was Mallemo who finally found one similar to the Val RL; in gray.  I trekked all the way to the dreaded MALL in my town to find it at Kirklands there.  Bought it, painted it red, and now it sits in storage waiting to come back out at xmas.  

Fun times!  Would be great to want something that badly this year.  Just have not found it yet.

Mallemo???  Any ideas?

Valued Contributor

@whitelinen78 wrote:

Only the object of a recent obsession!  Mallemo was instrumental in rallying a Red Lantern group here in search of the perfect specimen to match Val's--when was this?  Was it last year, or in 2013?  

I think it was Mallemo who finally found one similar to the Val RL; in gray.  I trekked all the way to the dreaded MALL in my town to find it at Kirklands there.  Bought it, painted it red, and now it sits in storage waiting to come back out at xmas.  

Fun times!  Would be great to want something that badly this year.  Just have not found it yet.

Mallemo???  Any ideas?

Hey whitelinen! I'm of no help here, sorry. I'm trying to control my home decor buying, and I've done a little better as of late. I did however order the kissing balls from VPH and her hammered hurricane in red. I also  ordered the snowman treat jar from Lenox and a few of the 10.5" glitter angels from VPH for gifts as they can be plugged in and save on batteries. I will always admire those red lanterns on Valerie's set though.

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

It is such a cute holiday lantern in red.  I am trying not to buy any holiday lanterns that I can't leave out (somewhere in my home) all year long. 

I think BTS owns the original DB lanterns?  Maybe she will know about the battery life.  Apologies if I have the wrong person in mind. 

I was almost getting ready to order his lanterns a while back & posted my concerns but the deal-breaker for me was the non-removable candles so, I never ordered them.  I need me my luminaras in my lanterns...!

Valued Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

It is such a cute holiday lantern in red.  I am trying not to buy any holiday lanterns that I can't leave out (somewhere in my home) all year long. 

I think BTS owns the original DB lanterns?  Maybe she will know about the battery life.  Apologies if I have the wrong person in mind. 

I was almost getting ready to order his lanterns a while back & posted my concerns but the deal-breaker for me was the non-removable candles so, I never ordered them.  I need me my luminaras in my lanterns...!

I agree BTS. I have one of the BL/Luminara lanterns and it had a fixed candle but it was able to be removed and I replaced it with a Luminara.

Trusted Contributor

@mallemo wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

I agree BTS. I have one of the BL/Luminara lanterns and it had a fixed candle but it was able to be removed and I replaced it with a Luminara.

I am almost positive that I heard it mentioned by someone that the DB lantern had 4 screws holding the candle in so it is possible it could be removed.  Guess that would be a question for CS.  

Valued Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@mallemo wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

I am almost positive that I heard it mentioned by someone that the DB lantern had 4 screws holding the candle in so it is possible it could be removed.  Guess that would be a question for CS.  

If that's the case then the same thing could be done with the DB lantern as in the BL/Luminara lanterns. 

Honored Contributor

@mallemo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@mallemo wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

If that's the case then the same thing could be done with the DB lantern as in the BL/Luminara lanterns. 

Yes, I just received the large DB lantern in white from As Is.  It is very pretty and was $25.  Four screws hold the supplied candle.  I haven't had time to remove the candle but I will.  In fact, I went back and ordered the smaller lantern to use with the larger one sometimes or to use anywhere.  I'm happy with the purchase.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

On the subject of the DB lanterns, here is the item listing for the taller choice, now sold out.  I thought I'd share it since there is a review mentioning the candle's glow color, and there is also a Q&A mentioning removing the candle. 

http://www.qvc.com/.product.H204897.html?sc=H204897-ISRC

Esteemed Contributor

@whitelinen78 wrote:

Mallemo???  Any ideas?

Hey whitelinen, So good to see you here.  I hope, if you get in the mood to pull your red lantern out of storage and use it this year, that you will share with us either a pic or a description of what you did with it.  The same goes for mallemo, BTS, and whoever else has the Kirklands double arched wooden lantern that some of us just had to have. 

JPC came up with a vignette for hers, and I stole the idea.  It consists of bottle brush trees, a vintage frosted boy and girl figurine from HL last year, that is similar in style to some of Valerie's vintage frosted children through the years, and it is finished it off with micro white lights, and a dusting of faux snow inside. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

On the subject of the DB lanterns, here is the item listing for the taller choice, now sold out.  I thought I'd share it since there is a review mentioning the candle's glow color, and there is also a Q&A mentioning removing the candle. 

http://www.qvc.com/.product.H204897.html?sc=H204897-ISRC

The program guide shows a DB Home show, so that might be when the new lantern gets presented, although there are quite a few generic CIJ shows left in the month where it could get a surprise airing. 

Friday July 31

02:00 - 03:00 AM (eastern)
Christmas in July(R) Sale Finale