Super Contributor

@Oznell  absolutely stunning and so jealous of the lake view! I know exactly how I'd decorate that room--as a music library with my grand piano and violins with my husband's extensive collection of books!

Honored Contributor

Love it! Of course, I'd need a cook, maid, butler and gardener to maintain it. Plus, a hefty bank account to pay the taxes.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

There's a lot to like here...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

This house is glorious!  I do believe I love everything about it!

Thank you for sharing this find.

Honored Contributor

I could just see a bear looking down at me through the observatory glass roof.  Since the house is so neat, I could just stay out of that room-I guess.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac 

Most designers do know how to downsize their designs that you see in magazines and in media. These are their extravaganzas that you see.  If you need an interior designer, architect or interior decorator, there are always plenty in your area.  If you need an interior designer which is someone who studied in the school of architecture and not an interior decorator who tells you which curtains and sofas to purchase, but an interior designer is college-educated and can improve your home by moving walls or adding walls and rooms, placing windows, etc.  Their specialty is usually existent structures, whether large or small that need "renovation" to bring them up to date or to add more structure.  Then the architect can help you build the design you want.  They can show you smaller home designs and make suggestions based on your wants and needs.  An interior decorator can help you choose which rugs, paint colors, sofas, period of furnishings and incorporate what you want to keep with what you need for the future.  You can usually call one of the larger paint stores who will be able to help you find such or the local chamber of commerce.  

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

Though not everything is something I would want to live in, it is always something I appreciaate and would like to visit friends in such a place or spend time there.  In other words, you post the most interesting homes and buildings and always "food for thought."  Thank you for your perseverance in bringing to QVC interests for everyone.  Not everything is for everyone but sooner or later, you bring something that pleases each palate.  

Honored Contributor

@Posh Poodle ,  mmm, a grand piano would be just the thing!   Music in that setting would be so dreamy...

Very good interior design suggestions, @Nonametoday .  Hey, good to see you-- your contributions have been missed!

Regular Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

**Title edited to reflect accurately the location of the lake house.   Apologies for any confusion!

Wow, indispensible Cindy Hattersley, thank you for posting pictures from House Beautiful on this fab Lake Michigan house, by Chicago designer, Frank Ponterio.

ot2210518-65f32c0a5fb10.jpg

Some beach house!   It's very spacious and tranquil, with stunning water views...  The living room has many special touches, including a burnished reclaimed door turned into a coffee table....

hbx030124frankponterio-010-65f330c17291b.jpg

hbx030124frankponterio-006-65f32c0794b30.jpg

hbx030124frankponterio-003-65f32c07c7040.jpg

Closer up--

lake-michigan-kitchen-Frank-Ponterio-Design-Eric-Piasecki-photograph-820x700.jpg

The kitchen's barrel ceiling with unusual inset windows, neat.   Maybe soapstone counters over by the sink?   My favorite substance for counter tops.

hbx030124frankponterio-007-65f32c0753ca3.jpg

The conservatory is flooded with light... 

hbx030124frankponterio-008-2-65f32c0a86264.jpg

But there's also an enclosed porch, for a cozy feeling...

hbx030124frankponterio-004-65f32c0842183.jpg

And then the patio next to the lake, sigh.

hbx030124frankponterio-011-65f32c08af3ee.jpg

The property rambles this way and that...   what a dream of a getaway on beautiful Lake Michigan.

Frank-Ponterio-Interior-Design-Sea-Beach-House-Ext-Backyard-Home-1.jpg

Beautiful home!  I would also like the lifestyle that goes with it.