Esteemed Contributor

Re: How do you Think This is Decorated

The question being how do I think this home would be decorated.....it's hard to tell. Seeing all of the hydrangeas lining the front walk, I'd guess that there is probably floral pieces used in the home, e.g., maybe wallpaper or furniture or kitchen decor. But, who knows - it might be decorated in a totally modern and chrome theme! Are you going to show us the interior, @lolakimono?

Honored Contributor

Small.  Decorate with small stuff.  At least by looking.  I would rather have had a picture to look at to be real honest. 

Honored Contributor

The reason that I picked this picture for discussion is that I was very surprised to see the interior, like it didn't match at all in my head how I thought it would be decorated.  Sometimes when I see a designer's work, I only get to see one room, so to see the exterior and the interior it was a bit of a disconnect to me.

The interior is in the spoiler.

Spoiler

Trusted Contributor

Oh wow yes a surprise for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

I would do shabby chic.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The way that the lawn is manicured and the pots are all in a row, I would say the inside is decorated in a minimilist fashion with maybe a touch of whimsey. Very simple. Things put away. Maybe a small bouquet of flowers on the kitchen counter.

@lolakimono   I didn't see the spoiler until after I posted. I'm surprised as well!

Honored Contributor

Yes and no on surprise.  THe house looks dark and cramped from the outside and inside.

I think it is an office not a home where someone lives, or they live "over the store."  Lawyer?  Architect? Financial planner?  Something like that. 

Honored Contributor

The indoor bones of the house are sort of interesting.The decor itself, on the other hand, is more or less abysmal.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

It looks like one of those old barn conversions so common in England.  Not my cup of tea.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment