Honored Contributor

How do you Think This is Decorated

on the inside?

When you see the "bones" of this house, what would you do with the inside?

What kinds of furniture, textures and colors "go" with this house?

Honored Contributor

Re: How do you Think This is Decorated

I would have wall colors in this house, light pastels, shades of blues for example.  I wouldn't have heavy looking bulky furniture but definitely traditional and comfortable not modern.  I think I would have pictures on the walls, and definitely curtains on the windows. , I would also have carpeting, area carpets, not loud but soft colors.  

Of course without seeing the rooms, their sizes, the ceiling heights and such I can't go into details.  However, the home looks cozy and comfortable from the outside and i would decorate accordingly.

Esteemed Contributor

Hardwood floors with room size throw rugs in living room and bedrooms. Fireplace in living room. Lite green paint, a pale yellow in kitchen. Wooden cabinets a small wooden island. Little table for dining. Pictures of dogs with cigars playing pool.  Comfortable cozy furniture in earth  tones. Maybe some leather chair or ottoman. Bedrooms 4 poster bed or iron headboard. And of course the big old iron bathtub and the toilet with tank on top. Creaky  stairs. 

Honored Contributor

Neutral soft colors,  comfy overstuffed furniture but too much furniture, a large brick fireplace, farmhouse kitchen, hardwood floors, green plants, a bowl of lemons on the kitchen island, bedrooms with minimal older wood furniture, free standing tub and sink in bath.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The usual architectural term for a gambrel roof in 18th century England and North America was "Dutch roof."  I also have seen barns, often Amish barns with this type of roof.    

I'm calling it a version of Dutch Colonial that appears to have had its front door and possibly the windows replaced...IMO a big mistake.  Doesn't look like something found in the U.S.  More European out in the country.  

If in the U.S., I'd use American Colonial and country decor rather than Dutch Colonial furniture that I don't like.

Muted colors including reds.  Variety of natural textures.  

Without seeing the interior, I wouldn't go into any more detail because I might be surprised and change my mind.  

Honored Contributor

I would decorate English Cottage style with warm rich colors.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I don't see that house as Dutch or colonial anything.  I think it's transitional and could be decorated in any style including very contenporary.  Those front center windows look very modern.

I find those pots lining the sidewalk with such large plants to be weird.  Why not plant them in the ground?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@lolakimono 

I would have too see inside to begin decorating,  Love everything about this house except the front door.  I would have selected something else.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'd use a cottagey theme on the inside, which is my favorite look anyway.  

<Content snipped - looking forward to @lolakimono 's update>

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

I can visualize a modern cottage theme -- light on window treatments that give privacy. Comfortable furniture with interesting accent tables. Sage, copper, navy, cream colors throughout home. Farmhouse kitchen with big sink and dining table and chairs that make you want to sit a while. Eclectic enough to have a pop of color or surprise decor in each room. Definately a place of respite.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau