Respected Contributor

Finally found something to cover over the ugly " white " bagels holding the window scarf!!!

Have hated the large white bagel- shaped things holding the window curtain scarf up in loops: large scallop shells that have some white throughout the Orange & brown coloring. Cost $1.95 each at a local FL Fleamarket. Saved a lot of money because I thought I would have to redo the whole large bow window. Looks so great and in keeping with the shell theme in other rooms at the condo.
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

Re: Finally found something to cover over the ugly "" white "" bagels holding the window scarf!!!

Wonderful!! Good for you.

Respected Contributor

Re: Finally found something to cover over the ugly "" white "" bagels holding the window scarf!!!

The trick was in getting the palm-sized shells to stick to the curved ""bagel"" surface. Used the 3M double sticky surface pads and cut them in half to fit where the two surfaces abutted.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

Huh? Bagels? Glad you were able to find something to disguise those.

Honored Contributor

On 2/21/2015 GoodStuff said:

Huh? Bagels? Glad you were able to find something to disguise those.

ROFL...major stomach crampage here...

I'm with you though..maybe pics would help.

Valued Contributor

Sounds like problem solved! If we just put our minds to it, we can fix just about anything!! And saving money is good, too.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

""Bagels"" were the only thing I could think of -- they were just so ugly and they really stood out from the dark green silk scarf!!!! Couldn't pull them out from the wall or I would have had a major repair job. I'd post a picture if: a) I could finally figure out the process and b) I wouldn't want to upset the former owner or "" designer "" who came up with the idea.
Sir Winston Churchill