Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.confused1} How can there be so much DUST in my home? We have one dog and it's just DH and I. I dust and vacuum frequently. He changes the HVAC filters regularly. I just can NOT seem to stay ahead of the dust!!{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Anyone have this issue? How do you address it?? TIA.

Honored Contributor

Have you had your air ducts cleaned?

Super Contributor

We have been it has been a few years. Do you think that is the problem, how often do you have yours cleaned? How often are you supposed to have it done? We have the HVAC serviced every 6 months and the last time the guy was here, he didn't have any recommendations when I asked him about the dust. He said just use higher quality filters, not the cheap ones. We already do that. DH buys the ones that are supposed to be the best for keeping allergens out of your home.

Trusted Contributor

How often are you having to dust?

Respected Contributor
YES! It's awful. I don't know what the answer is either. I'm allergic to dust among other things and it's just a losing battle. I swear I can dust and walk back by 30 mins later and dust has already started to settle again. When my allergies get really bad I break out the shark with all the attachments and vacuum everything, and I mean EVERYthing! What a pain.
Esteemed Contributor
Have you changed/cleaned vacuum filters recently? Some vacuums just throw the dust back into the air.
Super Contributor

I do it weekly, but the next day I am noticing little particles of dust where I dusted!

I have a glass table so that is really where it's bugging me the most!

Super Contributor

I just changed the bag in my Oreck about a week ago. DH uses the Dyson in our home because it's too hard to push for me, and he cleans out the canister after he uses it. We don't even have a lot of dog hair, he's short haired.{#emotions_dlg.bored}

I think I will call and have the ducts cleaned again. It can't hurt.

Trusted Contributor

I don't think you have a problem. It's common to see a little bit of dust the next day. If you're only dusting once a week, you're in the norm.

Respected Contributor
Just curious, where do you live? I live in FL