Frequent Contributor

Just ran the cleaning cycle of my oven for the first time for warranty purpose especially. 

As usual, the glass is not clean. Has baked on black spots which is like cleaning cement. 

I thought I've seen a product on QVC for the easy removal of baked on gunk.  What have you used successfully or suggestions please! 

Frequent Contributor

Re: Cleaning Oven Door Glass?

I would like to know too

Honored Contributor

I clean my oven glass with a soapy Brillo pad; removes everything easily and has not scratched or damaged the glass.    

Super Contributor

I use Ceramabryte with their scraper, available on Amazon. It's the same product I use on the glass top. Makes a tough job easy with great results.

Esteemed Contributor

I've had some luck using a scrub daddy.  Also the cleaning clay product here...think it's Bioclean.

Honored Contributor

My problem is the gunk that somehow gets inbetween the glass and can't be reached to clean it. I am not taking that door apart ! with my luck it would not go back together.

Honored Contributor

I tried the Scrub Daddy that was supposed to be so easy and wonderful.  Useless.  Ended up sending them back and losing money on the deal.

I've used the slightly abrasive sponges you get in the supermarket or Walmart with better results, but my brand of oven specifically warns agains anything like steel wool (Brillo or any other brand), so I wouldn't risk those.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

My problem is the gunk that somehow gets inbetween the glass and can't be reached to clean it. I am not taking that door apart ! with my luck it would not go back together.

My old stove was like and it did bother me, but not enough to take the door apart or try to get inbetween with a rag rubberbanded to an untwisted wire coat hanger.

I just didn't put the light on!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

S. O. S.

Esteemed Contributor

Bio Cleaner. It comes in a green tub. When I purchased mine it was in a set of three. It works. I have an old electric Jenn Air range and the oven window was always a challenge. This stuff got most of it off. Granted I did have to use it a few times. Now, I think I finish it off with the steamer and it should look like new.  Bio Cleaner is also fume free and safe on your hands. I have a ton of allergies and breathing issues so this was a bonus for me. I thought I saw it at BBB as wekk,