Honored Contributor

Check any Luminara orders received very carefully

While not specifically related to the TSV today, my mom purchased a number of the scrolled Luminara that were a  One Time Only the other day. They arrived today, and at least two of them are cracked down the entire side of the candle.

She noticed them, and I will check her others (as she doesn't see as well as she once did) to be sure. I've never seen this happen with Luminara before (especially more than one being damaged like that), and it wasn't noticeable right away, but once found was quite alarming.

It could have been rough shipping or I wonder if they were in a very cold environment during shipping that may have caused it.

On a side note, when she called to see if there were still the sizes and colors she needed as replacements, the CS rep asked her if she just couldn't turn them so the crack would't be seen. Think they need some retraining there!

So just a heads up since so many will be getting the TSV and maybe other candles today, to check them for cracks closely.

Honored Contributor

Re: Check any Luminara orders received very carefully

@Mominohio wrote:

On a side note, when she called to see if there were still the sizes and colors she needed as replacements, the CS rep asked her if she just couldn't turn them so the crack would't be seen. Think they need some retraining there!

That's just laughable.  I hope it's as you said - lack of training - rather than an official response.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

That's just laughable.  I hope it's as you said - lack of training - rather than an official response.

OMG are you serious? I can't believe the lack of training. That is unacceptable. 

Respected Contributor

Wow!  The CS answer is so unacceptable.  I've found, though, that QVC's customer service that was once so helpful has changed significantly and not for the better.  Thanks, @Mominohio, for warning us of a potential manufacturing issue on Luminara.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

While not specifically related to the TSV today, my mom purchased a number of the scrolled Luminara that were a  One Time Only the other day. They arrived today, and at least two of them are cracked down the entire side of the candle.

She noticed them, and I will check her others (as she doesn't see as well as she once did) to be sure. I've never seen this happen with Luminara before (especially more than one being damaged like that), and it wasn't noticeable right away, but once found was quite alarming.

It could have been rough shipping or I wonder if they were in a very cold environment during shipping that may have caused it.

So just a heads up since so many will be getting the TSV and maybe other candles today, to check them for cracks closely.

@Mominohio  I absolutely agree that the customer sevice reps need better training.

Honored Contributor

I had one that arrived cracked.  It was also during the winter.  Also had one where the wax came apart from the battery box when I lifted it out of the box.  I sent both back.

Respected Contributor

I have been shopping with QVC for more years than I care to admit.  I would rate their customer service as A+++.  I recently posted a shipping issue on a food item I hadn't received & a moderator immediately responded & asked me to email them to check into the delay.  It wasn't even 4 hours; I got a response from QVC my replacement order is on it's way.  I realize every company will always a "village idiot" that does not represent their brand name to standards; however I will take 98% with a company that has taken phenomenal care of me & I have faith they will continue to do so.  I betcha this thread has already been rolled up to the powers-that-be & the retraining process has started...!