Valued Contributor

A ? for those with the TSV lantern

Can the candle be removed? I thought when they were the TSV before someone said just remove 4 scr*ws in the bottom to take out. IF I were to order this (still on the fence) I would want to remove the outdoor candle and use it in another lantern I already have. I would put a wax candle that is blue and has seashells inbedded in this lantern. It would look good in my MB. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: A ? for those with the TSV lantern

@country gal

Yes... the first TSV has a candle that can be removed from the lantern by un scre@@@ it.  However, I have never taken the candle out... there would be a hole in the bottom to contend with.

Also, I can't remember if the candle, once removed, still operates?  HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Contributor

Yes, easy to remove the candle, and it does work when removed. You will just have to replace with a candle of the same diameter or slightly larger to cover the hole. . I have several of the outdoor lanterns, and find the outdoor "plastic" candle makes a clicking noise, so change them out when I plan to use indoors.

Honored Contributor

The rep said that it was not removable. 

Respected Contributor

I think the rep meant that it is not intended to be removed, but you can take it out by removing the scr*ws as other posters have said.