Honored Contributor

I like all types of "cottage" decorating-- English, French, and different U.S. and Canadian iterations, with special fondness for New England cottage style.

Designer Stefani Stein here does yet another variation, a breezy sort of L.A. version, relaxed, with a smidge of 'boho',  and of course with the eclecticism that marks all the styles.   

20190814_JPeffley_StefaniStein_1367_trt.jpg

Most of all like the attention to interesting fabrics, finishes, etc.,  which give the living room all its textures.  Love the oversize stone lamp, all the textiles, striped shades, the rug, the ceramics.

Coffee table has beautiful surface...

20190814_JPeffley_StefaniStein_1405_trt.jpg

Love it!    So earthy.

20190814_JPeffley_StefaniStein_1407_trt.jpg

She has a nice eye for putting diverse accessories together, like this blue pottery and sweet, rough-hewn bird--

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 4.40.53 PM.png 

She shows the same adeptness for that, in the kitchen--

20190814_JPeffley_StefaniStein_1305_trt.jpg

Very different items, but together, very pleasing--

20190814_JPeffley_StefaniStein_1333_trt.jpg

True to her eclectic spirit, she pairs a richly figured burl table together with channel tufted banquette, and vintage French garden chairs from the Fifties.

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 4.49.02 PM.png

Honored Contributor

@Oznell   I like that upside down flower vase.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Perfection to meHeart

Honored Contributor

This cottage is lovely and filled with a lot of pretty decor. I enjoy placing different item and photos on tables, shelves and  the way this cottage is decorated is inspiring.  Seeing the different decor makes me smile .  I could be content and comfortable in this cottage.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell 

Another beautiful home!  I love the muted palette, floral arrangements and all the greenery.  The pillow caught my eye immediately lol.😃❤️

Thanks for always posting such lovely homes.

Honored Contributor

Re: CALIFORNIA COTTAGE

[ Edited ]

Ha, that upside down vase caught my eye favorably too, @Mz iMac .  It seems symbolic of her easy, playful overall approach....

Edited to add, and @cheriere ,  that needlepointed pillow definitely has some good advice!

Esteemed Contributor

What a MAGNIFICENT collection of classic, meets modern, meets hodge podge!❤ I appreciate the unobstructed view of the living room; with the exception of the centerpiece,    allowing the eyes to travel and enjoy each element of the charming space! The BEAUTIFUL , funky, pinkish chair❤, with whimsical pillow that is certainly fitting, with Mother's Day around the corner, made me smile; I LOVE it!!!💝

The GORGEOUS❤ coffee table is an eye-catcher with the intricate, varied design, soft colors and is DEFINITELY a statement piece!😁 I was pleasantly surprised by the wavy design and color of the dining room table; very 70's!👍

THANK you SO much for caring to share these BEAUTIFUL photos with us!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Re: CALIFORNIA COTTAGE

[ Edited ]

This is very nice.  There's a lot to see and it appears this owner loves to collect various objects d'art.  I love the collection, the vignettes and I love the pillow "call your mother -- she worries."  I wish my children, each, had one of those.  Boys!  

Respected Contributor

The living room is interesting but I don't care for the decor and it's a bit crowded.

The kitchen looks lovely, especially the table and chairs.

Thank you @Oznell 

Valued Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I like all types of "cottage" decorating-- English, French, and different U.S. and Canadian iterations, with special fondness for New England cottage style.

Designer Stefani Stein here does yet another variation, a breezy sort of L.A. version, relaxed, with a smidge of 'boho',  and of course with the eclecticism that marks all the styles.   

20190814_JPeffley_StefaniStein_1367_trt.jpg

That vase on the coffee table wouldn't last 2 minutes in my house without toppling over Smiley Surprised