Honored Contributor

THE BEAUTIFUL BLACK SWAN "AS IS"

When Valerie brought her outsize swans in both black and white, I swooned.  There's something about any swan, and especially a black swan, that just entices.  These guys are so cute with their jaunty holiday ribbons...

The black sold out quickly, but I notice it's now available "as is".  I'm holding back, but wanted to alert any fellow swan lovers to this sweet fellow:

https://www.qvc.com/%22As-Is%22-17%22-Decorative-Swan-with-Ribbon-by-Valerie.product.H218563.html?sc...

Honored Contributor

Re: THE BEAUTIFUL BLACK SWAN "AS IS"

Wow, I checked it a few minutes ago, and the black "as is" has now once again sold out!  I think it is so irresistable-- in the video you can see that it is so nicely distressed, and the black has a silky, almost "rubbed" looking finish.  The black looks like it has a weathering brown along the edge of the "carved" facets.  Just very well done.

Hope all enjoy their swans.

Trusted Contributor

I’ve had the black swan on waitlist since August so I’m happy to see this pop up. I randomly came across the black swan while stalking the as is section a little bit ago. It flew into my cart and pretty soon it will be winging it’s way to my home. 😄 I’m seriously considering the white one too. I think my black swan needs a friend. 

Honored Contributor

If you are persistent, you will find what you're looking for!!  The swans are nice.  

Trusted Contributor

We were lucky and got both black and white when they were first presented last year.  They are very beautiful.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell I love the swan for what it represents....the fact that they mate for life.  I don't buy stuff for my home.  I have boxes full of decorative items in the attic that are destined for the Vietnam Vets pick-up.  But I was mighty tempted by this swan; I took a peek, and thankfully I think, it was sold out.

Trusted Contributor

34427A43-DF52-46AD-8B21-CF07C3B801F1.jpegHi, @Oznell!  I love those decorative swans.  Here’s a pic of one I bought when we lived in VA.  It’s at least 9 years old.  I put the wreath around it’s neck.  I still love it.  It moved with us 3 times - VA to Kansas City to Hawaii to Vegas.  Such a trooper!

Super Contributor

@MJDinVegas

Of course you would take that amazing swan with you wherever you move...she/he is a beauty! 

I have two smaller white ones in my kitchen atop my refridgerator... and yes, I change out their bows. I was too late for the black one tonight ... and I have always been on the ‘lookout’ for a really spectacular one like yours.

Valued Contributor

Wow @MJDinVegas -- That is a beautiful swan.  I like it even better than Valerie's.

Honored Contributor

Oh, @MJDinVegas, yours is such a sweetheart, with that beautiful coiling neck and gentle face!  Yours looks to be carved wood, another plus.

I have a small, creamy wooden one that I always put out when I have my tiny collection of cream colored pottery and creamware on display.

Like you, @phoenixbrd, I didn't bite this time b/c I'm a bit overloaded with decor and have been bravely (ha) purging of late.  But that's not to say I won't succumb to the ivory one that's still left, ultimately!  Swans are just so sweet...