Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone actually like Fruitcake?

I like fruit cake with just nuts, pineapple and cherries.  I have lost a recipe that had no raisins or other citrus fruits in it and it was good. I need to find that again. Some of the ones sold out in the marketplace is what gives fruitcake a bad name and some of them are bitter as someone mentioned earlier. 

Merry Christmas and enjoy your gifts of fruitcakes.  lol

Honored Contributor

So far, I have four of them............and I'm going out looking for more today!     (They have been hard to find in stores in recent years.)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I love fruitcake.  I just ordered one from Collin Street Bakery.  My grandmother used to make fruitcake cookies.  I looked forward to them every year.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

I'm a fan, too, from Collin St. Bakery - yummy!

Valued Contributor

I love fruitcake.  I make homemade fruitcake every year and people love it.  It is very expensive to make. 

New Contributor

i  love love love fruitcake. this time of year is great. i also like the spiced apple rings. i wish these two were on the grocery store shelf all year long.

Valued Contributor

I love fruitcake but no nuts! Claxton makes a really good one . They make small ones , lucky for me because it calls out to me in the middle of the night especially. Glad to see others still like it! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!Maryanne

Respected Contributor

I love it!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Add me to the list of fruitcake lovers.  I don't think I ever heard of this bakery that so many of you are talking about, but I'm headed to their website right now.  I'd love to try one of theirs!

Respected Contributor

No, I don't like all that candied fruit.  When my husband's mother was alive, she baked it and would send him one, which he said was excellent.