Respected Contributor

Shoulder bag that doesn't slip?

Does anyone know of a good shoulder bag with non-slip strap? 

I had the most wonderful, perfect leather bag from Magellan and of course they discontinued it.  I'm not crazy about cross-body and this had a non-skid "pad" on the strap.

I've done Google searches and have only come up with these sticky-things you put on the strap...or diaper bags which is not appropriate since I'm 62, LOL

Denise
Respected Contributor

Re: Shoulder bag that doesn't slip?

@denisemb wrote:

Does anyone know of a good shoulder bag with non-slip strap? 

I had the most wonderful, perfect leather bag from Magellan and of course they discontinued it.  I'm not crazy about cross-body and this had a non-skid "pad" on the strap.

I've done Google searches and have only come up with these sticky-things you put on the strap...or diaper bags which is not appropriate since I'm 62, LOL

Know what you mean about the slipping issues.  Found that a wide single strap works better than a thin or doubles strapped bag.

Without resorting to a metal holder that is attached to your coat, the size appropriate " sticky " might work.

I hate shopping for a handbag so when I get one that works, I either get a second one or keep searching for the perfect spare.  I use one bag for Winter and another for Summer: no wardrobe or changing out bags--- life is complicated enough for me !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it depends on what works for your individual shoulder. I have two bags that stay on my shoulder no matter what, my Oryany Daneille and my Aimee Kesterberg Lulu hobo. I have lots of problems with stiff strap shoulder bags like the Dooney Logo Lock and long shoulder bags regularly fall off. Which is one reason I haven't been as happy with my satchels with long shoulder straps. If I can wear then cross body then I'm fine. 

I've had such problems with shoulder bags falling off that for years I gave up and just carried crossbody bags. I'm glad I found some shoulder bags that work for me now. 

For me, short thin straps or if it's wider, very soft leather works. I can't keep wide stiff straps on my shoulder at all. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I've given up trying to put it over my shoulder.  I do buy purses though that also have that long strap in addition.  My favorite are OrYANNY purses.

I can't carry anything too heavy because of my back.  That's my issue.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you, Jaxs Mom and Annabellethecat.  Might have to look into the Oryanny bag line.

Just hate when I find a perfect bag (like the 3 little bears:  not to big, not too small, east-west, small pockets at the end for an umbrella and a non-skid pad) and then it's discontinued!!!  LOL

Denise
Honored Contributor

There is a product on the market than someone posted here on the boards.  I've lost all the info but maybe someone remembers or it could be found on Amazon or eBay?  It was strips of a non-slip material that was applied to th e underside of a strap.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I love my dooney bags.  They don't slip off my shoulder.  Also, haven't had that problem with any of the Patricia Nash or the Fossil bags I own.

Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

Thank you, Jaxs Mom and Annabellethecat.  Might have to look into the Oryanny bag line.

Just hate when I find a perfect bag (like the 3 little bears:  not to big, not too small, east-west, small pockets at the end for an umbrella and a non-skid pad) and then it's discontinued!!!  LOL

My experience is that is not line specfic, but bag specific. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@denisemb. Go to Amazon.com and put "non slip strips for shoulder bag" in the search bar and you should find a helpful product.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  I've just ordered some!  Thanks for the tip, I hope they work as well as the reviews say!

Denise