Honored Contributor

How do you decide which handbag to use?

Friends at work carry the same handbag according to seasons. I change throughout the week, based upon the outfit I am wearing. 

Just curious....how do you decide which handbag you will carry? Is it according to the season, the color of your clothes, or some other deciding factor?

Honored Contributor

Re: How do you decide which handbag to use?

[ Edited ]

Usually, it's just based on a whim and then I'll sort of dress around it... or not, depending on my mood and of course, weather is also a consideration. I do tend to change pretty often and I also do have bags I only use during certain seasons. There used to be a few 'go to' bags that I tended to use often, but these days, I'm making more of an effort to actually use the too many bags I've collected. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

My decision is based on the time of year and the weather. For example, while it's technically fall here in Chicagoland and my head says "brown or burgundy handbag," it's been warm here this week so since I'm not yet ready to go so dark with my handbag color (and clothing colors), I'm using a smoke (grey) pebble leather handbag with a saddle/honey trim. Then I choose my clothes to complement my handbag. If it's a rainy or snowy week, I make sure I don't choose a leather handbag that would show precipatation marks!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I pick a bag and use it until I decide to change. That can be one day or several months. I only buy black or brown bags so there is nothing to match. I live in Arizona and seasons don't matter when it comes to color of bag. Black in summer is not out f the norm, nor is white in winter.

Esteemed Contributor

I hate changing bags....too much trouble moving everything....so i don't....I have a bag for summer and one for winter right now....

Honored Contributor

I usually buy a new purse each fall and spring then carry it as my everyday bag throughout the summer or winter. I am retired so I dress casually 99% of the time. When I was working I wore scrubs to work so I never have had to coordinate a purse to my outfit daily. When I get dressed up - for instance for church, I do coordinate my purse to my outfit.

Respected Contributor

I have a small collection of bags, thanks to QVC!!!  I usually change my bag a couple times for each season.  In December I wear a Scotch plaid red Dooney(fabric), which I love!  DH just bought me a bright pink Dooney for my birthday in October.  But I may not wear it til next Spring.  I tend to stick to the "traditional" colors in all apparel, just like my Mom did.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

@circles wrote:

I hate changing bags....too much trouble moving everything....so i don't....

With lots of practice, I've gotten so I can do it in under a minute...

Woman Wink Woman Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I sometimes changes every week.  Sometimes I will carry a bag for a month.  If I like the feel of a bag, and how it is organized, I do tend to carr it longer.  If it is not so comfy, I will carry it for a few days and then switch.  

I use my brighter colored ones and like flowered ones in the spring and summer.  Darker ones and more subued in the fall and winter.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I have about 22 purses.  I look where I have them stored, pick the one that "speaks" to me and that's the one I use.  I do tend to stay away from the darker colors in the summer, but I use my colorful purses all year round.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?