Esteemed Contributor

Re: Adventures of the Handbag Sisterhood... The Saga Continues

[ Edited ]

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

To all the east coast Sisters further north and anyone else interested in our snow madness...

It started out slowly here at about 1:30, wispy little flakes, barely visible, that didn't so much fall as float... Then, the periods of slightly larger flakes (though still not the big, fluffy, pretty kind... I'm not sure we're going to see those) began clearly falling and it's been a steady snowfall since then... The streets were covered quickly and the ground was completely covered soon thereafter... Right now, it's beautiful, pristine and peaceful... Snowfall is one of those rare times that, sounding trite, I know, let's my inner child speak, but the vexation introduced by that anxiety riddled adult is always present and accounted for... Winter snows as a child were just pure joy, before the adult had to become mired in concerns about freezing pipes, collapsing gutters, digging out, getting out and so on... It's getting dark now, and so maybe a little later I'll don full winter regalia and take a short walk along the creek. Snow makes everything quiet, but yes, I know, it doesn't last long and it can be deceptive... Right bow, it's lovely.

The forecast here varies by location. As if often the case, those to the east of I95 are expected to get a good bit less than those to the west... I live along the Potomac river to the east, and when we get our usual meager snowfalls, I often feel a bit shortchanged. This time around, I'm counting my blessings that I don't live further west, as I did before. 

@BlingQueen022 lives significantly west, so I'll be interested to hear what you experience up there, Bling... @Boehm Collector@handygal2@NycVixen, it'll also be interesting to see how everyone fares with this taste of winter as it moves further up the eastern states ...

Hoping for the best... 

Woman Wink

@steviebHi StevieB!  Hope you're safe and warm in this storm.  I'm due for maybe 30 inches.  WRC said I could get a few more.  I wanted a snow storm but not sure if I wanted this much snow.  It stopped for a while here above Frederick, but now it started up again, and the flakes are huge.  I'm very worried that I might lose electricity.  I'm actually a little scared to see tomorrow come, lol.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed we both get lucky and our electric stays on.  

StevieB, at least winter finally came here.  I do have to say it's beautiful outside to see the snow come down.  Everything looks so nice and wintery.  At least it doesn't look like summer anymore hahahaha.  

Please be safe my friend.  I guess if we get what they're calling for, I'll have a day off on Monday.  That's about the only time I get a day off if it snows.  Please be safe in this storm.  Heart

Oh my @BlingQueen022 ...   I can't even imagine having 30 inches of snow!  The 8 to 14 inches they are predicting for my neck of the woods seemed daunting until you mentioned what you are expecting.   i hope you don't loose your electricity.  That is always frightening this time of year .... no heat, pipes bursting etc.  Please be careful and be safe.  Keep us posted on how things go.  

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@1Professor... The black is a great basic... Did you order taupe or any other color since the big announcement?

@stevieb @Sister Golden Hair @1Professor @handygal2 @gramygram So anyone else ordered or ordering one other than @EdithEllenLily and me?

Not so far, @Serendipity, but l might change my mind!

@handygal2 What color? That's the fun. I went back and watched one of LR's presentation on youtube for this bag ... now I'm really thinking of another. I guess I missed all these presentations over the years. LOL. If my mom really likes it, I'd probably give her both. Imagine, she might end up with THREE bags. OMG. Smiley LOL

@Serendipity: I like it in light grey on clearance, but l'm not ready to "pull the trigger." As is has it in elephant, dark grey and black. I'm mulling it over....

@handygal2 Now in taupe and bordeaux in as is too!

@Serendipity My only concern about as is... is it's been noted the kiss locks are sometimes MIA... I insist on the whole enchilada. The kiss lock is a big part of the reason for getting this one...

@stevieb @handygal2 That's a good point. The kiss lock is cute. Plus I am hoping I get a wrapped one -- for me, it would be one thing, but as a gift for my mom, it would be nice to get a new one. 

So @Serendipity, order new for your mother, the taupe is on sale. Order an as is for yourself if you want one and return it as defective if it doesn't come with the small purse. Honestly, Dippity, you've now been around the block more than a few times, MUST we teach you everything...

Woman Very Happy Woman Wink

@stevieb I did! I did! New for mom, but no other right now. Smiley Tongue Handy was the one considering the as is. I'm not a kid off the new block. Smiley Surprised Smiley Happy

A kid off the new block...

Hittin' the beet juice again are ya @Serendipity...

Woman LOL

@stevieb Ha ha ha! I just realized what I did there. I meant "new kid" off the block. At least I keep you in stitches. Smiley LOL

Actually @Serendipity, I think you're still hitting the juice. I assumed you meant new kid on the block...  Off the block usually has something to do with being a chip off an old one...

Woman Wink

@Serendipity and @stevieb .. you guys crack me up!  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@1Professor... The black is a great basic... Did you order taupe or any other color since the big announcement?

@stevieb @Sister Golden Hair @1Professor @handygal2 @gramygram So anyone else ordered or ordering one other than @EdithEllenLily and me?

Not so far, @Serendipity, but l might change my mind!

@handygal2 What color? That's the fun. I went back and watched one of LR's presentation on youtube for this bag ... now I'm really thinking of another. I guess I missed all these presentations over the years. LOL. If my mom really likes it, I'd probably give her both. Imagine, she might end up with THREE bags. OMG. Smiley LOL

@Serendipity: I like it in light grey on clearance, but l'm not ready to "pull the trigger." As is has it in elephant, dark grey and black. I'm mulling it over....

@handygal2 Now in taupe and bordeaux in as is too!

@Serendipity My only concern about as is... is it's been noted the kiss locks are sometimes MIA... I insist on the whole enchilada. The kiss lock is a big part of the reason for getting this one...

@stevieb @handygal2 That's a good point. The kiss lock is cute. Plus I am hoping I get a wrapped one -- for me, it would be one thing, but as a gift for my mom, it would be nice to get a new one. 

So @Serendipity, order new for your mother, the taupe is on sale. Order an as is for yourself if you want one and return it as defective if it doesn't come with the small purse. Honestly, Dippity, you've now been around the block more than a few times, MUST we teach you everything...

Woman Very Happy Woman Wink

@stevieb I did! I did! New for mom, but no other right now. Smiley Tongue Handy was the one considering the as is. I'm not a kid off the new block. Smiley Surprised Smiley Happy

A kid off the new block...

Hittin' the beet juice again are ya @Serendipity...

Woman LOL

@stevieb Ha ha ha! I just realized what I did there. I meant "new kid" off the block. At least I keep you in stitches. Smiley LOL

Actually @Serendipity, I think you're still hitting the juice. I assumed you meant new kid on the block...  Off the block usually has something to do with being a chip off an old one...

Woman Wink

@Serendipity and @stevieb .. you guys crack me up!  LOL

@Boehm Collector

Woman Happy

Good to hear. We're taking our show on the road... Headlining in Vegas soon...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb: It hasn't started here yet, and the concern for those near the coast is flooding, due to high tide. With much devastation in my area from Hurricane Sandy 3 years ago, people are worried. Luckily, l had no damage then-- just 12 days without power-- but some homes only a half mile from mine flooded beyond repair.

The local meteorologists and politicians have succeeded in scaring and stressing-out everyone. Hopefully they are overreacting.

I hope everyone stays safe and warm...

Hi @handygal2..please stay safe.  12 days without power must have been awful.  Where do you live?  We lucked out with Sandy,  Parts of our Town were badly flooded and many people lost power for a week or more.  We never lost power...and had no flooding.  We just lost a couple roof shingles,

Honored Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

To all the east coast Sisters further north and anyone else interested in our snow madness...

It started out slowly here at about 1:30, wispy little flakes, barely visible, that didn't so much fall as float... Then, the periods of slightly larger flakes (though still not the big, fluffy, pretty kind... I'm not sure we're going to see those) began clearly falling and it's been a steady snowfall since then... The streets were covered quickly and the ground was completely covered soon thereafter... Right now, it's beautiful, pristine and peaceful... Snowfall is one of those rare times that, sounding trite, I know, let's my inner child speak, but the vexation introduced by that anxiety riddled adult is always present and accounted for... Winter snows as a child were just pure joy, before the adult had to become mired in concerns about freezing pipes, collapsing gutters, digging out, getting out and so on... It's getting dark now, and so maybe a little later I'll don full winter regalia and take a short walk along the creek. Snow makes everything quiet, but yes, I know, it doesn't last long and it can be deceptive... Right bow, it's lovely.

The forecast here varies by location. As if often the case, those to the east of I95 are expected to get a good bit less than those to the west... I live along the Potomac river to the east, and when we get our usual meager snowfalls, I often feel a bit shortchanged. This time around, I'm counting my blessings that I don't live further west, as I did before. 

@BlingQueen022 lives significantly west, so I'll be interested to hear what you experience up there, Bling... @Boehm Collector@handygal2@NycVixen, it'll also be interesting to see how everyone fares with this taste of winter as it moves further up the eastern states ...

Hoping for the best... 

Woman Wink

@stevieb Hi there StevieB!  I had a post written to you, but I can't find it.  Said it was posted but what happened to it who knows.  Anyway, this storm sure got off the ground here in upper frederick county and I see it sure did in Montgomery too.  I'm supposed to get 30 plus out of this one.  I wanted some snow but all at once? hahahahahaha  I just pray we both don't lose electricity.  I'm a little scared to have the middle of the night come around.  That's when the worst of this is to happen.  I hope this isn't my last hot meal!!  Woman Sad  I guess I won't be at work on Monday.  I told the doc I work for I'll see him in August, lol.  

Stay safe and warm my friend.  Like the saying goes, "this too shall pass."  Or should I have said "this too shall blow over." hahahahahaha

@BlingQueen022 I am sending you lots of positive thoughts and wishes, too, that you are going to have power and be safe in this blustery blizzard!!! Woman Surprised Thinking of you, YOU CUTIE ... from EEL Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb: It hasn't started here yet, and the concern for those near the coast is flooding, due to high tide. With much devastation in my area from Hurricane Sandy 3 years ago, people are worried. Luckily, l had no damage then-- just 12 days without power-- but some homes only a half mile from mine flooded beyond repair.

The local meteorologists and politicians have succeeded in scaring and stressing-out everyone. Hopefully they are overreacting.

I hope everyone stays safe and warm...

@handygal2 Handy where in NY are you?

@Serendipity: I'm on Long Island.

Hi @handygal2 .. where on Long Island?  I used to have relatives in Huntington, Deer Park, and Nesconset.  From the age of 12 to almost 30 I used to go fishing up in Montauk with my Dad all the time.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

Dear All,  I'm getting ready to pick up DH from the airport! He settled his affairs quickly and is coming early due to the storm. Yay!!!

@Serendipity  I recovered from the bug but once I got here began feeling a bit sick again. Hopefully, I'll beat it again. It's definitely the sudden temperature change. 

@Sister Golden Hair... I didn't buy anything major while away. I behaved. But I ordered 2 of the IM cardigan TSV's in Teal Green and Heather Platinum. I began buying his cardigans this winter and I love them. This one is exactly what I wanted and needed.  I just love IM. 

Hi @NycVixen  Glad your DH will be home before the storm hits.  And I hope you get over this bug soon.  I almost bought the IM cardigan TSV in peach.  But during the past two weeks or so I've purchased several pieces of clothing from TALBOT'S while they were having a sale.  The prices were amazing... but after that I could not justify buying the cardigan.  

Hi @Boehm Collector and @NycVixen -- I almost bought the peach and the blue, but then emptied my cart ... I love the colors, but I'm really more of a true pullover sweater, turtleneck or tunic girl...

Honored Contributor

Sisters, fill up your bathtub to flush your toilet just in case.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity

Good Lord, I just saw the price of this thing and NO-NO-NO... I don't care how you wear it NO...

I can't even keep a straight face and do the old 'each to their own' thing. with this one..

Just NO...

For heaven's sake, you could get something actually neat for that price...

Call it whatever you like but it's a FANNY PACK and the answer is still

NO

Woman LOL

Note to @gramygram... about that brain cell thing... Wow, it's even worse that I first suspected...

Woman Wink

goofy pack.png

Oh my goodness @Serendipity .. you are in worse shape than I expected. @stevieb is right!!!  It is a FANNY PACK.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@gramygram et tu, Gramy? 

@Serendipity $123.00 for a fanny packWoman Surprised

NO!   Please say it ain't so, @Sister Golden Hair ... @Serendipity paid $123 for the FANNY PACK ?!?!?!?!?