Honored Contributor

🌳 The Greening 🌳

Well I made it through another winter and the payoff is flowering trees and green everywhere !  Of course it all has to be tended , but I don't do as much myself as I used to. May is such a beautiful month !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 🌳 The Greening 🌳

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Well I made it through another winter and the payoff is flowering trees and green everywhere !  Of course it all has to be tended , but I don't do as much myself as I used to. May is such a beautiful month !

@QVCkitty1 

I agree ... May and June are my favorite months for the garden. Where I live (Seattle) all the flowering trees and shrubs bloom in those months ... flowers are out and our grass is still green.

We still do a lot of our own yard work, but we did hire a garden helper who comes and mows/trims the yard and helps me w/ other tasks. The service charges a flat rate for the mowing/trimming and then I pay by the hour for other tasks. It works out nicely and isn't overly burdensome money wise. Our yard is HUGE and I want to be able to enjoy the beauty w/o having to spend all of my free time out doing yard projects. My husband helps when he can, but he hasn't retired yet, so his free time is more limited.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

Swooning over the rhododendrons.  Walking way out of my way to go by them.

Esteemed Contributor

We have had more rain this week than we received in the months since December 15 through May 1 (which was ZERO moisture). This week, we've received over 5 inches of gentle rains (on and off; no flooding).

Everything has greened up beautifully; shrubs and flowers have sprouted! I had overseeded my lawn (in places) about ten days ago, which was perfect timing.

My lawn service mowed on Wednesday and needs to return again. It's all good after our long, cold, and very windy, dry winter. I believe only one shrub didn't make it, but I'm still giving it some time to pull through. Next week temperatures in the 70's and 80's - oh, happy days! Smiley Very Happy

Money screams; wealth whispers.