Esteemed Contributor

Waiting for a landscape guy to text me when he is coming to evaluate all that needs to be done in my flower beds.  Sure hope he comes thru.  It is so darn hard to find someone to do these jobs! 

I am not that able to do it anymore, but maybe I will have to muster up some strength to do it one more year.

Trusted Contributor

i'm just waiting too. dryer vent cleaner was supposed to be here an hour ago. no call, no text. 🙄

Honored Contributor

@freakygirl wrote:

i'm just waiting too. dryer vent cleaner was supposed to be here an hour ago. no call, no text. 🙄

I contacted a dryer vent guy through his website and had no response.  I guess I'll look for someone else, but I liked his price.

Honored Contributor

Around here, it seems as if there is not a decent handman or woman who is not overbooked.  Those I have used off and on during the past aren't even able to book estimates for two and three months from now.

That's likely to mean we'll be well into hurricane season before any actual work occurs.

Respected Contributor

We had good luck getting a chimney sweep to clean out our dryer vent. I get so impatient waiting for workers or repair people. Many never show or bother to explain why. I hope everyone gets the help they need.

Honored Contributor

My small town has many disadvantages , but I can usually find someone, or somebody knows someone who is willing to do a job. The man who takes care of my lawn also outsources much of his business to grandsons. The longest I had to wait was for a roofer, but I was determined to have this particular guy, so I waited. My friend who hired him to do her roof saw him at a party and asked if she could take his picture to send to me because it had been so long. 😆  He did finally show up. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

One trick to get a response from handimen and landscapers is to get inspired to get these chores done in the dead of winter.  This time of year, everyone want to fix up and spruce up and they get swanped.  Is there any reason why your dryer vent can't be cleaned in January?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment