Esteemed Contributor

Garden pics August 2016

[ Edited ]

It's been a hot dry summer in Nova Scotia.  Very little rain.  Some of the plants are much smaller than previous years.  Very few butterflies but lots and lots of bees.  Great weather for the tourists.  Not so great for the farmers and gardeners.   Here are some late August photos around the garden.  My favorite time of year.  Late summer into Fall.  LM

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Always enjoy seeing your garden pictures.  A beautiful setting.

Honored Contributor

Ok @Lilysmom 

can I come live with you?

I'll just sit in that blue chair by the lakeSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Ah yes @Lilysmom You know I LOVE taking a peek inside your garden.  I love all the little stops along the paths to take a breather, sit down and just take it all in.  So lovely.

Your new steps turned out really nicely.  Your men did you proud for sure. 

Hydrangeas, JoePie weed, black eyed Susans, echinachea, everything looks great, beautiful colors just blend and meld into each other.  Thank you for the bee population hopefully expanding too!

Honored Contributor

Simply gorgeous, as always!

I'll take the other chair by the lake and sit with @on the bay for awhile,LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

A beautiful sanctuary.  I think we'd all like to come live by you.

Trusted Contributor

So sorry Everyone,. I am booked for the rest of the year!   You will have to wait until next year!    I don't want to share this year, just total Peace and Quiet.😘😍😚😇-----------tedEbear

See you in 10 minutes, lilysmom

Esteemed Contributor

@tedEbear@AuntG@KingstonsMom@PINKdogWOOD@on the bay, there is room for all of you lol!  I have seating all over the place so I can take a break when I'm weeding.  I always leave the lake til the last so I can jump in.

I have been swimming a lot more this year to give the foot I broke in the Spring a break.  I will really miss it come October.  I swim from our Victoria weekend in May (the Queen's birthday) to mid October.  I have very little company in the months of May and October.

I love the color in August and September.  On the down side of gardening for 2016.

Thanks for visiting my gardens.  I love to see everyone's photos and share tips with you.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom

I must tell you, I especially loved your 'Lady' statue in the garden and your choclate Lab!

I hope your foot is better with your aqua therapy and thank you so much for sharing your beautiful talent in the garden, it's truly inspirational.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom. Your garden is gorgeous as usual.  I'd be embarrassed for anyone to see mine.  June and July were brutally hot and dry.  Hottest summer on record.

Do you ice skate on that lake in the winter?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment